- Photocopying is available in Carlson Library at a cost of 10 cents per copy. The machines will accept only coin/cash. (The machine cannot change bills larger than $5.)
- Users are responsible for their own photocopying. Staff at public service desks are available to offer assistance if needed.
- Refunds will not be given for user error.
- Money will not be refunded to individuals who forget to retrieve their change from the coin return.
- In the event of paper jams, toner issues, or other copier/coin box malfunctions, library staff will try to provide satisfactory remediation. In most instances, replacement copies will be provided. The circulation supervisor on duty determines the appropriate course of action.
- If deemed appropriate, the supervisor may provide a cash refund. Any refunds will be recorded on a "photocopy refund log" and distributed from the designated photocopy refund account.
- The Library cannot assume responsibility for patron error. Users are responsible for:
- Complying with copyright laws. The patron will be liable for any infringement resulting from copying or laser printing. The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies and other reproductions of copyrighted material;
- Monitoring copy quality as copies are made to be sure that copies are legible and oriented correctly. Avoid having a large number of "bad copies" before discovering a problem;
- Using correct currency. The machine cannot change bills larger than $5;
- Reporting copier malfunctions to any library public service desk.
Last Updated: September, 2013
Send your comments about this page to the Libraries.