To enable/disable the Out of Office Assistant:
1. In the upper right corner of the OWA window, click Options.
2. In the resulting window:
* In the default interface, on the left, click Organize E-Mail and then to the right click Automatic Replies.
* In the the Light Interface, on the left, click Automatic Replies.
3. To disable the Out of Office assistant, on the right, select Don't send automatic replies.
Options under "Out of Office Assistant":
1. To set a time frame for the Out of Office auto-replies to begin and end, check Send replies only
during this time period:
a. Next to "Start time:", use the menu to select the month and day, and then the time you want the
Out of Office Assistant to start sending the auto-replies.
b. Repeat for the "End time:".
2. To send a different message to users outside your organization, check Send automatic reply messages to
a. Choose from the two options available:
- Send replies only to senders in my Contacts list (Use this option to send the reply to senders
outside of your organization but in your Contacts list.)
- Send replies to anyone outside my organization
3. Compose the auto-reply in the text boxes provided; you can also send a different message to
external senders. The default interface provides font and paragraph editing tools; the Light interface
provides only a text field with no formatting tools.
4. Click Save.
Configuring the Out of Office assistant to send a specific message to those outside the university vs. those
inside the university:
1. Enable the Out of Office Assistant (see above)
2. Check Send automatic reply messages to External Senders.
3. Select Send replies to senders in my Contacts list.
4. Click Save.
Note: You do not need to enter a message in the second text box labeled "Send a reply once to each
sender outside my organization with the following message:".