Blogs and Journals are essentially the same regarding student processes. The difference is a journal is private between the student and the instructor while a blog can be private or open to the entire class.
For Mac Users
Creating an Entry
1. Log into your D2L course and click on Content on the Navigation Bar.
2. Click on the link that was set up to take you to Campus Pack (i.e. blogs, wikis, and journals).
3. On the right side of the page, click the Title in the "Content" box.
4. In order to add a new Entry, click on the "Add New Entry" button on the far right side of the page.
5. A box will pop up allowing you to add a title to the Entry.
6. After titling the Entry, click continue and the screen will bring up a HTML Editor where the contents of the Entry can be entered.
7. After finishing the Entry, click "Save and Exit" to go back to the Entry page.