2014-2015 Clarion University Alumni Association
Scholarship & Leadership Awards Criteria
Click Here for an Application.
Statement of Purpose for the Awards:
The Clarion University Alumni Association (CUAA) is dedicated to supporting the university community through fostering relationships between current and past students. The Alumni Association, through the Clarion University Foundation, Inc., has available Scholarship and Leadership Awards for undergraduate students for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Special consideration will be given to children and grandchildren of Clarion University alumni, as well as members of the Eagle Ambassador student alumni group. Scholarships are awarded up to $1,000 in the form of a tuition credit, with half the amount applied in Fall 2014, and the other half in Spring 2015.
Statement of Eligibility:
The Scholarship and Leadership Awards are open to full-time undergraduate students who:
• have earned an overall QPA of 3.0 or better;
• will have completed at least 30 credit hours at Clarion University prior to the 2014-2015 academic year;
• will not be graduating in or before December 2014.
Statement of Application, Selection, and Award Processes:
Applications are available at the Alumni Relations Office (Seifert-Mooney Center for Advancement) and in the "Alumni & Friends" section of www.clarion.edu.
Applications must be received by the Alumni Office on or before Friday, March 28, 2014, at 4pm in order to be considered. Successful candidates must complete a brief interview with the Finance and Scholarship Committee of the CUAA Board of Directors; to be scheduled after all applications have been received.
Completed applications must include:
• completed "Scholarship and Leadership Awards Application"
• typed cover letter showing community service (at home or in the Clarion community) in addition to service at Clarion University
• two letters of recommendation, each including the name and phone number of the contact person for verification purposes (may be submitted on letterhead)
o one letter of recommendation regarding community or university service
o one letter of recommendation from a faculty member or current/previous employer
For Additional Information:
Please contact Laura King, Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-393-1784 with any additional questions.