We are accepting posters or map presentations for the 2013 NWPA GIS Conference. The deadline for a poster or a map abstract is on Wednesday September 25, 2013 by 3:00pm via online registration here or email at email@example.com. Please Note: The poster can be a map solely, as long as it is poster size (no smaller than 24x36). It does not have to have a long narrative on the map. Try not to let the words take away from the visual product, being the map.
- Proofread and make sure grammar, spelling and punctuations are used correctly (if narrative is presented)
- Visual flow of information and graphics should be logical
- Text font, size, figures, tables and graphics appropriate, clear and legible from a distance.
- The color coordination, geometry, accents, highlights, and graphics should have a visual appeal
- Communication should be effective in that the topic is well defined, appropriate title be used, understandable and concise purpose, problem statement, description, procedures, results, and conclusion.
- GIS should be used effectively to portray spatial data in an appropriate state.
- Be creative by using new and/or innovative ideas.
- The poster can be a map itself. There is no need to have a narrative.
Recommended size of poster is 24 x 36 or larger. They must be mounted on poster board. If you should have any problems please contact Arlene Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org