Bills can be paid in a variety of ways. Students can review fully detailed billing and payment information by signing on to Clarion University MyClarion. Questions concerning this information should be directed to the Student Financial Services office at 800-672-7171 (menu option 4), or 814-393-1071.
Student must know their Clarion ID number in order to discuss their account with the Student Financial Services staff. Students can obtain their Clarion ID by logging into MyClarion. (See also the Registrar's Clarion ID Step-by-Step Summary).
Student account information can not be discussed with anyone other than the student unless the student completes and signs a Release of Information form designating to whom the information can be released. The form should be completed, signed, and sent to the Registrar's Office.
The following payment methods are acceptable:
- Starting November 1st, 2013, payment can be made online by check. Fill out the online form just as if you were writing a check. There are no added fees for this payment method.
- You can choose to mail a check to Clarion University with a copy of the invoice stub. Stubs are found at the bottom of each electronic invoice in your MyClarion account.
- Students can pay online with VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express on their Clarion University MyClarion account. Please note that, as of November 1st, 2013, this option entails a 2.75% convenience fee. Frequently asked questions about the new convenience fee are here. Visual instruction on making online payments is here.
- You can pay online with a debit card. There is no convenience fee for this payment method.
- A parent or guest may make an online payment on a student's behalf, IF she or he is authorized by the student to use this new option. (Students--go to http://www.clarion.edu/240460/ and complete the steps provided by the "Authorize parent or guest to make a payment to your account" page). Please be aware that, as of November 1st 2013, there is a 2.75% convenience fee associated with any payment by credit card. Frequently asked questions about the new convenience fee are here.
- Payments can be made in person in the Clarion University Student Financial Services office in B-16 Carrier Hall.
- Clarion students may choose to use an interest-free payment plan option managed by Tuition Management Systems. Additional information regarding the payment plan is available at www.afford.com/clarion or by calling 800-722-4867. The payment plan allows you to divide tuition and other expenses not covered by financial aid into smaller monthly payments.
Employer-Reimbursed Tuition/Fees (Tuition Deferment)
Is your employer paying for your education?
The Tuition Deferment Plan was devised by the university to financially assist students with their educational goals. Non-traditional students who are working and taking classes on a part-time basis may have employer-paid education benefits.
The purpose of the employer tuition reimbursement agreement is to allow employees who receive reimbursement from their employer to defer payment of their tuition and fees until 30 days from the end of the semester. Clarion University accepts employer benefit plans through arrangements with the Student Financial Services office, which requires completion of the Employer Tuition Reimbursement Agreement.