Creating the PowerPoint Presentation
Create a basic PowerPoint Presentation.
- Insert an image on each individual slide.
- PowerPoint for Windows offers a great feature called Photo Album. The feature allows you to insert multiple images into a presentation all at once. (File>New>Photo Album). This feature is not available on the Macintosh.
- Add captions or titles. Below are a few tips for creating PowerPoint presentations using images.
- Save your presentation as a PowerPoint presentation in case you need to edit the file later.
If you load high-resolution images into PowerPoint, the resulting file will be large, possibly several megabytes. Use the Compress Pictures feature to create a smaller file size and reduce download time.
1. Open the PowerPoint file.
2. Select one or more pictures in the presentation.
3. On the Picture toolbar, click Compress Picture
Note: If you do not see the Picture toolbar:
Click on the View menu, then select Toolbars > Picture.
4. In the Compress Pictures window select the appropriate settings:
Apply to: Select the appropriate option for your file. Notice that you can choose to compress all the pictures in the document at the same time.
Change Resolution: Select ‘Web/Screen’
Resolution: 96 dots per inch (dpi)
Select 'Compress pictures'
Select 'Delete cropped areas of pictures'
5. Click Ok and save your file.