Clarion University Small Business Development Center will host multiple business-related programs, all open to the public.
Doing Business with the Government
Learn how to market your product or service to the federal, state or local government, and then how to contract with them. This seminar will provide practical and successful strategies to attract business from the government at any level and do business with it. The seminar is free. Topics of discussion will include:
- Federal agency requirements on establish contracts with small businesses
- Types of products and services for which the government contracts
- State and local government contracting strategies
- The Women Owned Small Business contracting program and its requirements
- Industries that the WOSB targets
This free seminar will meet from 5 to 7 p.m. June 18 at Best Western, 82 North Park Place, Dubois.
If you've recently purchased QuickBooks or plan to in the near future, we can help you learn the basics. Learn to create, use and maintain your books with ease. Keep track of your payables and receivables. This seminar includes:
- Setting up a company file
- Navigating the program
- Accounts payable (entering/paying bills)
- Accounts receivable (invoicing customers/receiving payment)
- Bank reconciliation
This course is approved for 8 CPE credits through the Center for Accounting Education & Research. The course will meet from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (registration begins at 8:15, lunch on your own) June 11 at Armstrong Education Trust, 81 Glade Drive, Kittanning. Registration deadline is June 6.
Now that you're familiar with the basics, come and see what else this amazing accounting program can do for you. Learn how to run professional-looking reports, personalize your forms, send letters through Microsoft Word, export to Excel and more. The seminar includes:
- Tracking and paying sales tax
- Inventory (tracking/adjusting)
- Payroll (processing/reports)
- Reports (balance sheet/income statement)
- Customizing forms and reports
This course approved for eight CPE credits through the Center for Accounting Education & Research. The class will meet from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (registration begins at 8:15, lunch on your own) June 18 at Armstrong Education Trust, 81 Glade Drive, Kittanning. Registration deadline is June 13. (This course will be offered in Clarion in October. Refer to the class schedule at www.sbdc.com.)
Make checks payable to Clarion University of Pennsylvania. Mail payment to: Attn SBDC Training Coordinator, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, 330 North Point Drive, Suite 100, Clarion PA 16214-3873. For credit card payments call the SBDC at 814-393-2060 or toll-free at 877-292-1843.
Food for Profit
- Make a specialty food item that friends and family often request?
- Have additional produce from your garden that could be made into a value-added food product?
- Envision marketing your family recipes?
- Desire to generate more household income?
- Dream of owning a food business?
If so, Food for Profit will help you put all the pieces together for your food business. Food for Profit is a very practical session, providing information that you will be able to use immediately to ensure that your business starts out and grows in a way that matches your vision and goals.
Food for Profit will meet from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (8:30 a.m. registration) May 9 at Clarion University Small Business Development Center, Barnes Center, 330 North Point Drive, Suite 100, Clarion. Cost is $45, which includes lunch (pre-registration required). To register, contact Winifred McGeen at Penn State Extension Dauphin County Office at 717-921-8803 or email@example.com.
Clarion University is the high-achieving, nationally recognized, comprehensive university that delivers a personal and challenging academic experience.