Deadline: none given - will post until August 18, 2013
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking two dedicated, patron focused Children’s Librarians.
The Children’s Librarian is under the direction of the Branch Manager. Responsible for maintaining the children’s collection and for promoting reading and library use among children. Provide library users with assistance in reference, readers’ advisory, and in the use of library materials and reference resources. Serve at the Information Desk and Children’s reference desk.
Participate in the development of the branch collection profile, evaluate and suggest titles for purchase, replacement or deselection. Develop and coordinate and present children’s activities and programs. Provide service and maintains liaisons with schools and community agencies. Perform circulation responsibilities and related activities as needed. In the absence of the Branch Library Manager, occasionally serve as the person-in charge.
Ability to use Internet and other new information technologies; ability to work effectively with schools and other community organizations; knowledge of children’s literature and collection development methods; experience working with planning and presenting children’s programs, and excellent community relation skills required. MLIS preferred.
Salary and Benefits: $37,793-$44,636 and excellent benefit package.
Application Process: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLACE: Coyle Free Library
POSITION: Public Service Librarian
Deadline - none given - will post until August 11, 2013
REPORT TO: Head of Reference
- Process interlibrary loan requests for Coyle Free Library and the Chambersburg District.
- Facilitate inter-district and interstate interlibrary delivery service and interlibrary loan materials and other materials coming from and going to other libraries.
- Attend Access PA database, OCLC, SPIES Consortium meetings, and other training and meetings relevant to interlibrary loan.
- Work with customers requesting materials and equipment for the blind and visually handicapped.
- Work shifts in Coyle Reference Department, including AskHerePA online reference service
- Lead teen programming and head teen collection development.
- Assist with adult programming implementation, including technology instruction.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience: Professional certification required; Masters of Library or Information Science degree. 2 years library experience. Must have ability to work well with and be able to train people of diverse backgrounds in urban and rural settings.
Starting Salary: $26,000-$28,000. Good medical, vacation, sick leave, and retirement benefits.
Interested candidates should send a resume to:
Franklin County Library System
Attn: Human Resources
101 Ragged Edge Road South
Chambersburg, PA 17202
Or contact email@example.com
Dc Public Library Postitions
Deadline: None given -will post until June 30, 2013
Youth Services Assistant Librarian
Deadline: None given - will post unitl July 3, 2013
Warminster Township Free Library
Summary of Responsibilities
- Assists Youth Services Librarian with programming, collections, facilities, and outreach services
- Children’s Reference desk
- Helps plan and run children’s and young adult programs
- Helps implement outreach services to the community
- Creates a Youth Services Reader’s Advisory
- Helps maintain Youth Services portion of the Township website
- Fills in for the Youth Services Librarian
- Reference desk and duties as assigned
- Circulation desk substitution and duties as assigned
- Assists with bulletin board and display case ideas and implementation
Bachelor’s degree. Enjoyment and experience working with children. Creative. Courteous and professional behavior. Computer, Word, and Excel skills. Excellent listening and verbal communications. Ability to work as a team. Positive attitude. Self-starter and Initiative. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift/move library materials weighing up to 25 lbs., and push book carts of up to 125 lbs.
Degree in children’s literacy or early childhood education. Experience planning and conducting children’s activities. Knowledge of children’s books and supplemental information. Public Library experience. Customer Service experience. MLS degree a plus.
20-25 hours/weekSend current resume and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org