Sales Representative — Mid-Atlantic Region 1 Deadline: none given - will post until December 23, 2013
Full-time, benefited, exempt position.
This position will remain open until filled.
Representative will live in and cover a designated territory in the Mid-Atlantic United States, including: New York City area, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
Sales Representatives at Backstage are part of a dynamic sales and marketing team representing and selling Preservation Digitization and Microfilm, Archival Processing, Cataloging, Retrospective Conversion, Reclassification, Authority Control, Data Conversion, and On-Site Services to libraries and museums. We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Sales Representative.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
•Consult with libraries/museums in protected geographic territory.
• Develop strong personal/business relationships with potential/existing clients at all levels of the organization.
• Follow prescribed sales procedures and close business contracts.
• Meet annual sales quota.
Additional responsibilities include:
•20% out-of-town travel to visit potential clients and to exhibit at library conferences.
• Follow up on leads from conferences and other sources.
• Together with product managers, analyze library needs and develop high-quality, cost-effective solutions.
• Coordinate efforts of Backstage departments to provide the best solution for each individual client.
• Keep detailed and accurate records of sales activity.
• Collaborate with other members of sales and marketing team and contribute to overall success of company.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Good time management and organizational skills are essential. Must have excellent oral /written communication ability, strong interpersonal skills, project a professional image, have a strong drive to succeed, along with a willingness/ability to travel.
Minimum 4-year college degree (Business, Communications, Library Science or related); prefer MLS and experience in the library industry as a professional librarian.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary for Sales Representatives is based on experience, with a range of $49,000 to $60,000 annually, plus commissions.
Benefits include health, dental, vision, profit sharing and retirement program.
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Jeff Calcagno, Sales Manager
Fax: (503) 892-5146
Backstage Library Works
25 East 1700 SouthProvo, Utah 84606