Clarion University is the first university in northwestern Pennsylvania to offer an associate degree in administration technology with programs in Business Office Professional, Insurance and Office Manager.
The Associate of Applied Science in Administration Technology degree program, offered through the Department of Applied Technology, utilizes a creative partnership approach designed to prepare students for a career path leading to a wide range of opportunities.
Under this unique model, student's complete general education and business courses at Venango College and the technical component of the degree through licensed, certified and/or otherwise approved technical education providers. Graduates receive an Associate of Applied Science in Administration Technology (AAS-AT) degree from Clarion University.
General Education- 20 Credits
Liberal Education Skills 6 credits
- ENG 111 English Composition 3 credits
- CIS 217 Application of Microcomputers 3 credits
Liberal Knowledge 9 credits
- Physical and Biological Sciences 3 credits
- Social and Behavioral Sciences 3 credits
- Arts and Humanities 3 credits
Health and Personal Performance 2 credits
- HPE 111 Health and Wellness 2 credits
General Education Electives 3 credits
Business Foundation 12 credits
- MGMT 120 Introduction to Business 3 credits
- MGMT 320 Management Theory & Practice 3 credits
- Business Electives 6 credits
Administration Technology Field Training 28 credits
- 28 credits will be provided by technical education partners, which are appropriately accredited, licensed, or certified technical education organizations
- Microsoft Word & Excel are required for Office Manager.