1. The Paralegal graduate shall have an understanding of basic business practices including communication, accounting, and management.
2. The Paralegal graduate shall have an understanding of business law.
3. The Paralegal shall have an understanding of legal research methods.
4. The Paralegal shall have an understanding of the procedures and documents necessary to successfully aide an attorney through the civil litigation process
5. The Paralegal shall be proficient at legal writing and be able to express in coherent and legal terms the results of legal research and the application of those legal principles to specific factual situations.
6. The Paralegal shall be able to draft documents that aide in the litigation process.
7. The Paralegal shall have a proficient understanding of computerized legal research including both the Internet and specific legal research data bases such as Lexis-Nexis.
8. The Paralegal shall have a well rounded general education that shall aide the student in their career as a paralegal.
9. If the student selects Wills, Trusts And Estates the student shall be able to draft wills and estate forms that shall enable the paralegal to be a successful aide during the entire probate process.
10. If the student selects Administrative Law the student shall be able to aide the attorney in all aspects of administrative law and thorough and complete understanding of Social Security Disability and Unemployment Compensation.
11. If the student selects Real Estate Law the student shall have a thorough understanding of the nature of property law and be able to draft all necessary documents for the transfer of real estate.
12. If the student selects Family Law the student shall have a thorough understanding of the law of custody, divorce, and adoptions to enable the paralegal to be a successful aide to the attorney, both through their knowledge of the substantive law and proper document preparation.