Graduate Assistants gain invaluable hands-on experience in the business of teaching and thinking about writing, including the opportunities to:
- Tutor and consult one-on-one with student writers
- Assist in first-year writing classes
- Develop professional expertise in writing and consulting
- Acquire technical skills with writing software and computers in a lab setting.
- Complete the Graduate Assistant application form available from the Office of Graduate Studies
- One reference should attest to your ability to tutor writing in a college setting.
- Sumbit a letter addressing the following:
- What prior experience(s) have you had that make you a candidate for a position in The Writing Center?
- How do you see a graduate assistantship in The Writing Center contributing to your graduate studies and/or to your long-term career goals?
- Address the letter to The Writing Center director in care of the English Department.