BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MEDICAL IMAGING SCIENCES DEGREE PROGRAM AT VENANGO COLLEGE
The medical imaging sciences program at Venango College of Clarion University will prepare you to work in the dynamic and exciting field of medical imaging as a radiologic technologist (x-ray technologist) or as a diagnostic medical sonographer (ultrasound technologist).
The supportive, nurturing, and focused environment makes it an ideal choice for medical imaging sciences. A strong emphasis on health care programs and vibrant and interactive student life opportunities foster students' professional preparation, self-actualization, and personal growth.
**Radiologic Technologist and Diagnostic Medical Sonographer are in the top 100 jobs for 2013 named by U.S. World and News Report.
As a student enrolled in the Medical Imaging Sciences Program you will:
- Receive comprehensive advising and mentoring from seasoned allied health faculty that will help shape you as a future health care professional
- Have the opportunity, as a student who lives on campus, to participate in a medical imaging Sciences Living Learning Community
- Have a premium academic schedule that assures seating in required courses
- Enroll in new Venango Campus allied health courses designed specifically for the medical imaging sciences program
- Participate in discussion groups on topics such as interviewing and applying to clinical sites
- Be coached for successful transition from the university environment to the clinical environment
- Apply for a number of scholarships that are exclusive to health care students
- Join the Medical Imaging Sciences Club and benefit from activities that will help you gain a better understanding of your major and your chosen profession of medical imaging
- Learn from and build friendships with other health care students including those majoring in respiratory care, nursing, and rehabilitative sciences
Clarion University's Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Sciences degree program offers concentrations in radiologic technology, sonography (ultrasound), nuclear medicine, radiation therapy, and medical dosimetry. Currently, the nuclear medicine, radiation therapy, and medical dosimetry concentrations are appropriate only for individuals who are already credentialed professionals in one of these three medical imaging fields.
The medical imaging sciences program prepares graduates as medical imaging science clinicians at the professional level. The program affords students the opportunity to attain a scientific knowledge base in medical imaging as well as a liberal arts education that will expand their role and function as a professional. Additionally, the program provides graduates with knowledge and skills to advance in the science and practice of medical imaging and provides a foundation for graduate education in masters and doctorate programs.
Program Options: Venango College or Online Degree Completion Option
The medical imaging sciences program was designed to meet the unique needs of a variety of individuals.
Clarion offers an on-campus option at Venango College in radiologic technology and sonography (ultrasound).
Clarion also offers an on-line degree completion option. This option is only for Individuals who are already credentialed as radiologic technologists, sonographers, nuclear medicine technologists, radiation therapists, or medical dosimetrists and who have completed a properly-accredited educational program. These individuals may conveniently complete the Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Sciences degree through the on-line degree completion option.
To learn about online and on-campus associate degree options at Venango College for medical imaging sciences students and professionals, click here.
BS, Medical Imaging Sciences Curriculum
To see the curriculum plan for Clarion's BS, Medical Imaging Sciences degree program, click here.