Face-2-face and virtual
The LTC offers a variety of workshops focused on both the pedagogical and technical information needed to assist faculty in developing rich, interactive learning experiences for students in both online or face2face classes. Each semester workshops are announced through the ALL-L listserv via the LTC Newsletter. LTC workshops are intended for faculty and staff only.
Basic workshops :
- D2L Introduction
- Getting Started with Clickers
- Intro to Blackboard Collaborate
- Setting Up your D2L Gradebook
- Smart Classroom training
Advanced workshops with a focus on pedagogy include:
- Developing content for D2L through text, images, and audio
- Using D2L discussion forums for effective teaching and learning
- Developing small group work in online and face2face courses
- Developing effective quizzes and quizzing strategies in D2L
- Discover Eight (or more) Uses for Blogs in a Course
- Flipping Your Classroom
- Quality Matters: Evaluating Your Only Course using the QM Rubric
In addition to the face-2-face workshops, the LTC also provides virtual offerings of most sessions making it easier to fit your busy schedule or location. These dates/times are also announced via the monthly LTC Newsletter via the "All-L" list serv.
Workshops do not fit your needs?
Call the LTC at x1848 to discuss the possibility of a virtual training appointment. Please indicate what your training needs are.