Academic Excellence Series
2017 Academic Excellence Series
A Celebration of University Recognition and Scholarship
April 17 - May 2
Clarion University annually holds an Academic Excellence Week/Series. The Academic Excellence Series is sponsored by Clarion University and its purpose is to honor faculty, staff, graduate students and undergraduate students on the research and academic endeavors that they have completed throughout the academic year.
"We are glad to continue this program and it is very fitting at this time of year because it allows us to honor and recognize the students and all their work that they have accomplished throughout the entirety of the academic year."
—Dr. Brenda Sanders Dede
Clarion University's 12th Annual Academic Excellence Series
Monday, April 17
- Venango Night of Excellence: 6:30 p.m., Robert W. Rhoades Auditorium, Venango College - Program; Recognizing excellence of civic engagement in the community.
Tuesday, April 18
- Faculty and Staff Scholarship Recognition: 3 p.m., Carlson Library, Center for Academic Excellence - Program; Recognition of faculty and staff research, scholarship, professional development and external grants and creative endeavors.
- Honors Program Senior Honors Presentation: 5:30 p.m., Carlson Library Center of Excellence and Founders Hall - Program; Honors students present their capstone projects.
Thursday, April 20
- Beta Gamma Sigma Induction Ceremony: 5 p.m., Moore Hall; By Invitation Only
Sunday, April 23
- Phi Eta Sigma Initiation Ceremony: 2 p.m., Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room - Program; Honor conferred on those who, at the beginning of their college careers, give promise of continues excellence in scholarship.
Tuesday, April 25
- Scholar and Donor Recognition Dinner: 5 p.m. Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room - Program; An event celebrating the donors and supporters who make student success possible at Clarion University. By Invitation Only
- Planning Assessment Improvement Day: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 9A/9B Suites on Main South, Invitation; A day of learning about the progress, assessment and improvement of university and student learning efforts.
- Reinhard Awards: 7 p.m. Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room; Program - Recognition of the accomplishments of students and student organizations. Hosted by Student Senate.
Thursday, April 27
- Undergraduate and Graduate Research Conference: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room, Program; Undergraduate and graduate student research presentations.
- Venango Honors Night: 5:30 p.m. Cross Creek Resort, Titusville - Program; Recognizing scholarship recipients, donors and high-achieving students.
Saturday, April 29
- Minority Student Services Recognition Dinner: 6 p.m. Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room, Program; Recognition of students for their achievements in academic, leadership, athletic and service areas.
Sunday, April 30
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society Initiation Ceremony: 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Hart Chapel; The nation's oldest, largest and most selective honor society for all academic disciplines.
- Academic Convocation with Refreshments: 2 p.m. Gemmell Multi-Purpose Room; Program - Student Awards including Syed Ali-Zaidi nominees and outstanding graduate students.
Tuesday, May 2
- ROTC Leadership Excellence Awards Ceremony: 6 p.m. Suites on Main North Theater; Recognizes the top 10 percent of ROTC Cadets that demonstrates outstanding qualities of leadership, moral character and a high aptitude for military service, as well as academic achievement and participation in campus activities.
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE SERIES POSTER