Academic Excellence Series
2015 Academic Excellence Series
A Celebration of University Recognition and Scholarship
April 18 - 30
Clarion University annually holds an Academic Excellence Week/Series. The Academic Excellence Series is sponsored by Clarion University and its purpose is to honor faculty, staff, graduate students and undergraduate students on the research and academic endeavors that they have completed throughout the academic year.
"We are glad to continue this program and it is very fitting at this time of year because it allows us to honor and recognize the students and all their work that they have accomplished throughout the entirety of the academic year"
—Dr. Brenda Sanders Dede
Clarion University's 10th Annual Academic Excellence Series
Saturday, April 18
Sunday, April 19
Honor conferred on those who, at the beginning of their college careers, give promise of continues excellence in scholarship.
- Golden Key National Honors Society Initiation Ceremony: 3 pm, Gemmel 250/252 - Program
The world's largest collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines.
Monday, April 20
Recognizing excellence of civic engagement in the community
Tuesday, April 21
- Celebration of Scholarship: 5 pm, Gemmel Multi-Purpose Room
By Invitation Only
Wednesday, April 22
- Honors Program Senior Honors Presentation: 6:30 pm, Carlson Library Center of Excellence and Founders Hall - Program
Honors students present their capstone projects.
Thursday, April 23
Undergraduate and Graduate Student research presentations funded by the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Faculty and Staff Scholarship Recognition: 3 pm, Carlson Library Center for Academic Excellence
Recognition of faculty and staff research, scholarship, professional development, and external grants and creative endeavors. - Program
- Beta Gamma Sigma Induction Ceremony: 5 pm, Moore Hall
Sunday, April 26
The nation’s oldest, largest and most selective honor society for all academic discipline.
- Academic Convocation with Refreshments: 2 pm, Gemmel Multi-Purpose Room
Syed Ali-Zaidi nominees and outstanding graduate students. - Program
Wednesday, April 29
In recognition of students who have excelled in their military duties and academic studies throughout he 2014-2015 academic year.
Thursday, April 30
Recognizing scholarship recipients. donors and high-achieving students.
- Delta Alpha Pi Initiation Ceremony: 3 pm, Carlson Library Center For Academic Excellence, Level A
Students with Disabilities honor society.