PERC Education Job Fair
This web page is only for Clarion University students and alumni. Clarion University is a member of the PERC education job fair consortium.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Monroeville Convention Center
209 Mall Boulevard
Monroeville, PA 15146
What is the PERC Education Job Fair?
The PERC education job fair is a well-respected regional and national recruitment event. Representatives include employers of certified teachers from across the United States-including Pennsylvania. Participating employers interview and hire teacher candidates in all PreK-12 disciplines as well as related certification areas such as counseling, therapies, coaching, and administration.
Eligibility Requirements for All Candidates
- You MUST be a candidate for an education, OT/PT/SLP, or school counseling degree by Dec. 2017.
- Pre-registered candidates should bring copy of receipt of payment to the event.
- Walk-in candidates must present a school ID or transcript to gain entrance to the event.
Instructions for Clarion University Students/Alumni
- PERC policy states that your name must appear on the roster of pre-registered and paid Clarion University candidates submitted to PERC by the pre-registration deadline, or you will have to register at the event and pay the $25 walk-in registration fee.
- Pre-registered candidates are strongly encouraged to bring a copy of their debit/credit card or career center receipt as proof of pre-registration.
Pre-registration Procedure: Paypal/Credit/Debit Card Payment Online - $10 payment
due March 5, 2017
- $10 non-refundable pre-registration fee if pre-registered by March 5, 2017, at 4:30 p.m.
- You are encouraged to use the online registration form to pre-register and pay the $10 pre-registration fee.
- You must have a credit or debit card to register online because you will be required to pay the $10 pre-registration fee using PayPal at the time of registration.
- Pre-register online
- Print your online confirmation of registration and payment. You should take it with you to the event as proof of registration just in case your name does not appear on the list at the job fair.
- There is NO REFUND for cancellation.
Walk-In Registration Procedure: $25 Cash payment due at the event
- If you are registering the day of the event, you must meet the eligibility requirements mentioned above.
- You must show a valid student ID or a copy of your transcript at the Walk-In Registration counter.
- You must pay a $25 walk-in registration fee. (CASH only!)
How to Prepare
What employers are attending? What positions are they seeking? How to I sign up for interviews at the event?
- Visit the PERC Job Fair Website to determine if this event the employers and positions that you are seeking.
Check the site frequently as new employers are added weekly.
- Many recruiters will be conducting interviews at the fair. Interview sign-ups occur at their booth. However, pro-active job seekers have secured interviews in advance by contacting the employers prior to the fair.
- After reviewing the employer directory and determining which positions interest you, you can determine the number of resumes to take. However, not all recruiters will accept hard copy resumes and many will also request that you to apply online.
Parking for Job Seekers - Don't get towed!!!!
IMPORTANT: Find parking lot designation and shuttle details at http://www.percjobfair.org/students.php. Over 1200 job seekers attend this event. Parking is very limited at the Convention Center. Please park in the designated lot at the Monroeville Mall and take the shuttle or risk getting towed!!!
Directions to the Monroeville Convention Center from the PA Turnpike
- Merge onto I-76 Pennsylvania Turnpike toward Pittsburgh (Portions toll)
- Take the I-376 W/US-22 W/US-22-BR exit, Exit 57, toward Pittsburgh/Monroeville. 0.8 mi
- Take the US-22-BR exit toward Monroeville. 0.2 mi
- Merge onto William Penn HWY/US-22 BR. 1.5 mi
- Turn Left onto Mall BLVD. 0.5 mi
- 135 Mall BLVD is on the Right
- GPS ADDRESS: Monroeville Convention Center, 209 Mall Boulevard, Monroeville, PA 15146