RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN)
RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Questions?
Clarion University - Venango
218 Montgomery Hall
+1 814 676 6591, ext. 1251
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree completion program builds upon the knowledge
of registered nurses and continues their education completely online. The program
aims to provide educational experiences designed to promote scientific inquiry, creative
thinking, critical judgment and personal development. This establishes the basis
for a variety of BSN learning activities that focus on professional nursing practice.
- New seven-and-a-half-week class format
- Students with 90 credits can complete in three semesters
- Credit given for prior leaning
- Employers love our grads!
Gain credit for what you already know
College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Review Clarion University's policy and procedure for Credit for Prior Learning.
- Obtain from the School of Nursing a course syllabus for each course you are seeking credit for life experience.
- Complete the Credit for Prior Learning Form (CLEF).
- Attach to the form a detailed narrative documenting prior learning related to specific course work. Each objective of the course is to be addressed in the narrative.
- Submit a portfolio of additional documentation which supports the prior learning. Documentation may include but is not limited to a resume, certificates, grant proposals, project descriptions, brochures, pamphlets, and conference agendas.
- Submit a hard copy of all of the above information to the Department of Nursing Chair. Packets may be mailed to the office, or hand delivered to either Clarion University - Venango or Clarion University - Pittsburgh. Prior Learning Credit will not be considered until the packet is complete.
- Faculty and the Department Chair will review the packet and make a recommendation within four weeks of receiving the packet.
CCBC Partnership Information
Through a new agreement with Clarion University, Community College of Beaver County graduates who hold an Associate Degree in Nursing and other nurses in or near CCBC, who already hold a diploma or associate degree, can earn credits from CCBC that apply towards a bachelor's degree from Clarion University.
This partnership agreement provides an opportunity for students to take all of the general education courses and a nursing elective required for the BSN degree at CCBC. This is a very cost-effective solution for nurses in the region. These courses can be taken face-to-face or online. The students will then take the last 30 credits through Clarion University. Clarion provides all of their RN-BSN courses online so students would not need to leave Beaver County to complete the degree. Additionally, Clarion tuition tends to be among the lowest in the region for bachelor of nursing level courses, particularly as an online option.
I have to say I LOVE this program. It has fit in so perfectly with my life. I really enjoy the variety of experiences people bring to the courses and I have to say, without any doubt, my years as an RN have and will benefit from what I have learned. The program is so enjoyable it is making me want to teach! - Emily Schneider, RN