Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
*27 credits post-masters to DNP completion
The Clarion and Edinboro Universities' DNP Program is a 27-credit online program that offers you the opportunity to advance your skills and education through the study of:
- population health
- clinical practice
The program is designed to be flexible, affordable and professionally rewarding. The online, part-time structure accommodates employment while pursuing the DNP, thus easing the financial burden.
Applicants must have a master's degree in nursing or health science from a nationally accredited program. This may be direct care such as:
- nurse practitioners
- nurse anesthetist
- clinical specialist
- nurse midwife
- in-direct care such as nurse administrators, nursing informatics and nurse educators
If you hold a Master's Degree other than the MSN, for example an MBA, you must also have a BSN.
- Completed online application form
- Non-refundable application fee ($40 payable at the time of online application submission)
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or other bachelor's degree from an accredited program with a GPA of 3.25 or higher (Applicants must have at least one degree in nursing, either a BSN, BSN equivalent, or a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). Applicants with only a diploma degree in nursing or ASN cannot be accepted).
- MSN or other master's degree from an accredited program with a GPA of 3.25 or higher (Applicants with a master's degree other than nursing may require additional coursework prior to enrollment, as determined by a review of official transcripts)
- A graduate course in research with a grade of "B" or higher or successful completion of graduate thesis (Note: Completion of a graduate level capstone project will be considered upon review of the project)
- Two professional recommendations; excluding peer reference
- Current unencumbered licenses as a Registered Nurse Written documentation of completed clinical hours in a master's program (DNP degree requires a total of 1000 hours of clinical time between the master's and doctoral programs)
- A type-written 1-2 page personal statement describing your learning goals and a telephone interview
*If you have not yet completed your master's degree: Admission can be granted contingent upon anticipated graduation from your master's degree program during your first semester in the DNP program.
Click here to determine if the Department of Nursing is authorized to enroll online MSN-DNP
from your state.
Application Deadline: Accepting applications until all seats are full. Classes begin May annually.
Please submit all application materials to:
Graduate Admissions, Clarion University, 840 Wood Street, Clarion, PA 16214
Dr. Meg Larson, DNP, CRNP, FNP-BC | Assistant Professor |Program Co-director
Dr. Jill Rodgers, DNP, CRNP| Assistant Professor | Program Co-director
Dr. Colleen R. Bessetti-Barrett, DNP, CRNP, FNP-BC | Assistant Professor | Program Co-director
Department of Nursing
Jeremy Brown Human Services Building | 215 Scotland Road
Edinboro, Pennsylvania | 16444
814.732.1643 (O) | 814-732-2536 (F)
Patti Shontz, Support Staff
Clarion University - Venango
218 Montgomery Hall
Oil City, PA
+1 814 676 6591, ext. 1251