The Accounting Club offers fun and informative activities to introduce members to the accounting and finance fields. Our other objective is to promote communication and professional networking among Clarion accounting and business professionals. This group is open to accounting graduates and students of Clarion University.
Some activities of the club include:
- Monthly regular club meetings
Meetings give students a chance to get to know their fellow accounting majors, professors and business professionals, who speak at meetings.
- A yearly student leadership conference trip for all board members to attend
This gives our executive board members an opportunity to meet and network with professionals and attend workshops for hands-on experience.
- An annual banquet that provides students with opportunities to meet business professionals
- Access to potential scholarships that are awarded through the Accountancy Department Foundation, as well as other external organizations
- Field trips to award-winning accounting firms such as Alpern Rosenthal, Carbis Walker and ParenteBeard
Field trips enable students to learn a substantial amount about the firms and the different types of industries that they serve.