Dual Enrollment provides students with an opportunity to take college courses and high school courses at the same time. The college credits count toward both high school graduation and your college transcript.
Classes are taught through Clarion Online. Main Campus or Venango Campus in Oil City courses are available on a case-by-case basis. Courses are taught by qualified university faculty. Dual Enrollment courses are available Fall, Spring, Summer 2 and Summer 3 sessions.
Dual Enrollment is open to students who:
- Are in their junior through senior year (who haven't graduated high school). Sophomore level student eligibility is on a conditional basis determined by the university
- Have a cumulative 3.0 high school QPA or higher
- The student must meet requirements for one of the following standardized tests:
- Keystone/PSSA at the proficient or advanced range for math and/or reading and/or writing tests (at least one advanced for PSSA)
- PSAT/SAT 1030
- ACT 22
Getting Involved in Dual Enrollment
- Complete the Dual Enrollment Application
- Summer & Fall Dual Enrollment Applications are Due by May 1. Spring Applications are due by December 1.
- Choose courses from the Approved Dual Enrollment Course List-
- Submit an official High School transcript with overall GPA, and SAT/ACT test scores, PSAT, or PSSA/Keystone Exam results for evaluation.
- Obtain signatures from their principal, guidance counselor and parents
- Mail or Fax Application to: Clarion University Admissions Office, 840 Wood Street, Clarion, PA 16214, 814-393-2030.
Dual Enrollment Costs
Funding exists to reduce the cost of a course for students meeting program requirements. Current costs: $115 per credit (up to 3 credits only) plus a one-time $50 nonrefundable records fee for new Dual Enrollment students. Tuition and fees are billed to the students account online once they are approved and enrolled. Please refer to our Payment Options page for further information.
Each student is responsible for the cost of book(s) for their course. Students may
enroll in one course each term at the reduced tuition rate; the second class in any term will be at full tuition
and fees. (One term includes, Fall, Spring and one Summer session.)
*NOTICE* Parents/guardians must first be authorized by students to obtain information regarding student accounts. If you wish to release your records to anyone please complete the Release of Information Form to release academic records, which include grade transcripts, class attendance information, student personnel records, credential files, financial aid records, and student accounting records.
Transition to College
Transition from high school to college is made easier by participating in Dual Enrollment. Some advantages include:
- Giving you time to adjust to rigorous academic expectations
- Remaining in a more comfortable setting (your home or high school)
- More opportunities to ask questions
Your credits at Clarion University are already part of your official transcript, so you will be earning general education credits toward your intended major. If you decide not to attend Clarion University following graduation, we can help you transfer to the college or university of your choice. You can also explore transfer options at PA Trac for more information.
For any additional information contact Lacy Nettleton at 814 393 2306.