Why should you study abroad?
Studying abroad allows you to:
- Enhance your career at Clarion University.
- Appreciate other cultures and your own culture.
- Gain global awareness and education.
- Learn to be a global citizen.
- Become more confident about the world in which you live.
- Understand your role in the world better.
- Have a stronger profile for the job market.
- Prove you can adapt to different cultures, environments.
- Earn credits while living in another country.
Application Process for Students
When planning to study abroad you want to take the following steps:
- Select one of the many programs available at the Office of International Programs (O.I.P). Meet with the study abroad coordinator, Dr. William R. Naugle in 413 Becht Hall.
- Make sure that all classes you take abroad will transfer as part of your major/minor. A GPA OF 2.8 (Cumulative GPA) IS REQUIRED TO STUDY ABROAD UNLESS A WAIVER IS APPROVED BY THE STUDENT'S ACADEMIC ADVISOR AND DEAN.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss classes that best fit your degree program. Explore funding and scholarship opportunities, including the Financial Aid Office.
- Fill out a study abroad application form available at O.I.P. (or download here), and apply for a passport and the student identity card (international insurance).
- Important travel related websites
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
International Travel Safety Information For Students
Transportation Security Administration
Tips for Traveling Abroad
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
new study abroad opportunities!
Study abroad with ibs! (Winter break 2018, Summer 2019)
International Business Seminars