Dual Enrollment for High School Students

Program information

Dual Enrollment Application
high school studentsDual Enrollment is the opportunity for students to take college courses and high school courses at the same time. The college credits count toward both high school graduation and your college transcript. Courses are taught by qualified university faculty.



Clarion Dual Enrollment is open to students who:

  • Have a cumulative 3.0 QPA
  • Submit results from the PSAT or SAT (95 or 950 critical reading and math) or results from the PSSA (advanced in one area)
  • Obtain signatures from their principal, guidance counselor, and parent
  • Provide an official high school transcript

Where can I take classes?

  • Clarion campus
  • Venango campus
  • Online

Will I save money?
Yes, there are various options including school participation, university grants and discounted rates.

Will my transition to college be made easier?
Dual enrollment eases the transition from high school to university, giving you time to adjust to rigorous academic expectations while remaining in a more comfortable setting, often with smaller classes and more opportunities to ask questions.

Will my courses transfer?
If you decide that you will not attend Clarion University following graduation, we can help you transfer credits to the college or university of your choice. Also, you can visit www.patrac.org to find out more.

Apply for Dual Enrollment


Local districts may have additional requirements. Contact your guidance counselor for more information.


Last Updated 4/9/18