Congratulations on your acceptance to Clarion University! We at Clarion University – Venango look forward to welcoming you to our academic community. In order to help ensure that you have accomplished all that is needed prior to your arrival, we have developed the following checklist to help make your transition as smooth as possible.
- Complete the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) (By May 1st if possible). Filing your FAFSA after May 1st may result in delays in the awarding of your aid. You should complete a FAFSA for every year you are enrolled in college. View a FAFSA tutorial video here.
- Complete the PA State Grant Application (PA residents only) by May 1st and send signature page to PHEAA.
- If you are selected for federal or state verification, complete and submit the requested financial aid form as soon as possible.
- Apply for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan. First-time applicants should sign in, and then complete BOTH the Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note. (If needed.)
- Apply for PLUS and private loans after July 15. (If needed.)
- Enroll in the tuition payment plan over the summer. (If needed.)
- We encourage all students to investigate scholarship opportunities.
- Apply for Clarion University scholarships, many of which are not need-based; deadlines apply. You can also be considered for any Clarion University scholarships that are need-based by filing your FAFSA by March 1.
- Check in your own community, with your high school guidance counselor, or utilize a scholarship search program, such as FastWeb. Check out our External Scholarships page for some more ideas.
Paying Your Deposit
If you have not paid your $100 Admissions Deposit, please click here to pay. The deposit does come off the cost of the tuition. Paying your deposit will allow your student ID and password assigned to you to be activated.
To pay your deposit online via e-check, debit or credit card, log into your MyClarion admissions account. Your MyClarion admissions user name and password was provided in the confirmation email you received when submitting your application.
The $100 admissions deposit can be paid by mailing a check, money order or cash to: Clarion University Admissions Office 840 Wood Street Clarion, PA 16214
If you have questions please contact Admissions at 1-800-672-7171 option 1.
Register for Orientation
To assist you in acclimating to the campus and the collegiate environment, we invite you to sign up for one of our New Student Orientations. During New Student Orientation, you will:
- receive a schedule of classes
- learn about student life and services
- tour the campus
- receive your student photo ID
- have your questions answered on topics such as financial aid and housing.
Reservations are required one week prior to orientation.
Fall 2019 Orientation Sessions:
- Saturday, June 22nd at 9:00 am
- Friday, August 9th at 9:00 am
To register, log into your MyClarion Portal. Once you are logged in select Student Center and scroll to the bottom where you will find the Orientation Session Selection link under the Admissions tab, then select Session 1.
In order for your spring schedule to be created you need to complete the ALEKS Mathematics Assessment. Instructions for completing this assessment can be found by clicking here.
Please contact Theresa Nestor at 814-393-1211.
Changing Your Password and Math and English Placement
Change the temporary password assigned to you. Click here to change your password.
Please use your Clarion ID and new password to take the English Placement Survey at the Desire2Learn (D2L) portal. This English Placement survey is required before you can register for classes. If you do not take it before Orientation, you will be required to take it during Orientation.
Exception: If you have transfer credit for an English writing course, you do not need to take the survey. Please contact Transfer Admissions or 814-393-2306 to ensure that your transfer evaluation is completed prior to your selected event.
Complete the ALEKS Mathematics Assessment.
Please contact the HelpDesk at 814-393-2640.
The Clarion University Foundation, Inc. student apartment complex at Clarion University - Venango offers:
- Two- and three-story buildings with two apartments on each floor
- Each apartment houses four students
- Students enjoy a private bedroom and a semi-private bathroom
- Students share common kitchen, laundry facilities, and living and dining areas
As part of living on campus you have the opportunity to live in Living Learning Communities (LLC's). LLC's provide students the opportunity to live in an environment with others who share similar academic and career interests. Students live and attend classes together, form study groups, and explore common career aspirations. Venango offers LLC's in Nursing and in Medical Imaging/Respiratory Care, and are conveniently located in the student apartment complex across the street from the campus.
Please contact Catelynn Fleming at 814-393-1330.
CrossRhoades Café is located on the upper level of the Rhoades Center and provides comfortable seating, a lounge area, and cyber café. Food choices include made-to-order sandwiches, soups, salads, hot entrees, beverages, fresh fruits and vegetables, and baked goods. The café also serves Caribou Coffee and coffee drinks. CrossRhoades Café accepts the Flex Plan, Eagle Dollars, cash, and credit cards.
- Students living in the apartment complex receive a $250 FLEX meal plan card to use.
- Not living in the apartments? Commuter students can now purchase FLEX dollars in $100 increments.