Current Student ROOM SELECTION 2018
November 6, 2017 phases of Room Selection for the 2018-2019 academic year will begin.
Sign up before February 1, 2018 to avoid the $200 application fee!
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU TAKE PART IN ROOM SELECTION:
- If you sign the online contract in the application to participate in Room Selection , you are bounded to the contract and will NOT BE RELEASED unless you cancel during the cancellation period November 27-28, 2017 or if you no longer attend Clarion University.
- Room Selection will be in phases and once you are assigned to a room, you will not be able to participate in another Room Selection phase.
- 2018-2019 housing rates have been published.
- Current freshmen are required to live on campus for their sophomore year, unless they are approved through an exemption.
- To receive priority consideration for medical housing accommodations, students should contact the office of Disability Support Services to have their recommendation in to Residence Life before November 1. Students must renew their requests for housing accommodations each year (this includes comfort animals).
- Students that want to reside in Reinhard Villages for the summer MUST live in the same room for Spring 2018 to Fall 2018. Students that will be changing rooms or currently living the suites on campus and have Fall 2018 Reinhard assignment, will have alternative summer housing in Suites on Main. Costs of summer housing will be posted once confirmed.
Phases of Room Selection
Retention - November 7 - November 12
Current upperclass (sophomores, juniors, seniors to be graduate students) students can retain their room for the 2018-2019 academic year. Here are the steps:
1. Log in to the Room Selection application until 11:59P.M. November 12
2. Complete the application and sign the contract
3. Go to "My home" in the application and "Select a Room Returning Students"
4. Select your same room through the drop down.
Please Note: Students that want to reside in Reinhard Villages for the summer MUST live in the same room for Spring 2018 to Fall 2018. Students that will be changing rooms or currently living the suites on campus and have Fall 2018 Reinhard assignment, will have alternative summer housing in Suites on Main. Costs of summer housing will be posted once confirmed.
Pull-ins - November 13-14
If there are vacancies in the room/suite/apartment in which upperclassmen retained, they can pull-in residents to fill those vacancies. The residents that are being pulled in MUST currently live in campus housing and will have to complete the online application to sign the contract for housing to be eligible to be pulled in.
On November 13 & 14, all students of the room/suite/apartment that either retained or are being pulled in need to complete the Pull-in Form and come to the Residence Life office, 2nd floor Becht Hall room 218 or Reinhard Villages Community Center. At that time, Residence Life staff will review the request and make the pull-in assignment. Pull-ins will be taken from 9A.M. - 4P.M. both days at both locations.
If someone cannot make the meeting with the staff, they can complete the designated proxy form and allow another student make the assignment or pull-in in their absence.
Please come to the Residence Life Office or Reinhard Community Center on the designated day for your building:
- November 13 - Campus View, Brook Trout, Hemlock Knoll, Whitetail Overlook
- November 14 - Suites on Main North, Grouse Field, Laurel Glen, Firefly Meadow Farm
Displaced Selection - November 15-16
By invitation only at the Residence Life office, 218 Becht Hall.
OPEN SELECTION BY CLASS - NOVEMBER 17-21
***CLASS STATUS DETERMINED BY CURRENT CREDITS EARNED***
Students that wish to take part in Open Selection will be able to choose a room that is still open from the other phases of Room Selection. Students need to complete the Room Selection application and contract to participate in Open Selection.
NEW: There will be no lottery times assigned, rather each day the application will open at 9am for students of the particular class assigned for that day to log in and pick a room.
ROOMMATES: In the application, you can select roommates that you want to live with next year. THEY MUST COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND CONTRACT AND CONFIRM THEY WANT TO BE YOUR ROOMMATE. Once confirmed, when the student logs in on the day they have access to Open Selection, they will be able to select a room and assign the other roommates who confirmed.
It is advised the roommates talk about where they want to live and who will be selecting the room and making the assignments BEFORE the morning of their selection date.
VIEWING AVAILABLE ROOMS: When you open the link to the application, there is a direct link to view open rooms. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE THE CONTRACT TO VIEW ROOMS.
Dates of Open Selection are:
- November 17 - current graduate students, seniors, juniors
- November 20 - current sophomores
- November 21 - current freshmen
***CLASS STATUS DETERMINED BY CURRENT CREDITS EARNED***
WAITLIST: If there are no rooms available that meet the student's preference during the Open Selection process, a waitlist will be available to complete. Students must have their Room Selection application contract completed to be eligible to be on the wait list. This waitlist will guarantee students a place to reside for next year and we will work to accommodate requests until June 2018. At that time the students will be assigned into a room/suite/apartment that may not be their their top preferences.
Please complete the waitlist form and submit to Residence Life Office. You will be contacted once you are assigned to a space.
OPEN CANCELLATION PERIOD - NOVEMBER 27-28 (DOES NOT PERTAIN TO CURRENT FRESHMEN)
If you signed up for a room during Room Selection, but changed your mind, you can now cancel your housing application at no cost. This cancellation period will only be honored from November 27-28. After that time, students will be bounded to the contract unless they leave the university. Log into the Room Selection application to cancel your assignment.
Students selecting housing for the 2018-2019 school year should be aware that you CANNOT FORCE other students out of an apartment/room that they have selected to live in. Bullying and/or harassment to force another student out of a room that they have selected should be reported to the Office of Judicial and Mediation Services. If it is found that you have bullied and/or harassed another student to move out of a room, then you will be removed from that room and will be required to select another room/apartment on-campus. This behavior is also subject to student conduct action under the Student Code of Conduct. Bullying and/or harassment can be reported to the Office of Judicial and Mediation Services by calling 814-393-1918 or emailing Tyler Kitzmiller at email@example.com.
The Freshman housing application is NOW AVAILABLE! Students admitted to Clarion University are able to log in and complete the application on this date and select a room in freshmen focused housing for the 2018-2019 academic school year.
- Freshmen housing will be offered in Suites on Main North, Suites on Main South, Valley View and Campus View.
- Housing Rates for 2018-2019 are now published.
- 4/10/18 - completely empy semi-privates are no longer available. Single spaces in semi-privates are available and students can select these if desired. If you would like to be added to the waitlist for a semi-private with a preferred roommate, please complete this waitlist form and return to the Residence Life office. There is no guarantee that one will come available, but Residence Life will monitor assignments and will contact the students via their Clarion Eagle email if one becomes avaialble. Waitlists can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax, or mailed to our office.
- 4/23/18 - SINGLE ROOMS ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN SUITES ON MAIN!!
- The cost of the single (former shared semi-suite) will be $4995 per semester, which is an upcharge of $700 (each semester) from the standard shared semi-suite cost.
- You must complete the housing application contract to be eligible to be placed in a single and then complete the Single Room Request form and return it to Residence Life. It can be emailed, mailed, or faxed to our office.
- We have a limited number of spaces available so it will be on a first-come, first serve basis. Once your application contract and form is submitted, we will notify you by July 1, 2018 if we are able to assign you to a single.
- The additional bed will be removed but the dressers and desk/chair will remain for usable storage.
- If you already have a room assignment for fall 2018 and would like to take advantage of a single room, we will gladly room change you while spaces remain available.
- HURRY!!!!! Living Learning Communities (LLCs) will be filled on a first come first serve basis. If you select a Living Learning Community, please know that will take precedence over room type. Roommate requests for the LLCs should match Living Learning Community requests to ensure an assignment together. Residence Life will be making the assignments for LLC requests and will notify the student of their assignment in June/July.
- Applications completed by June 1 will have the ability to select their own room (does not include singles or LLCs) and are guaranteed an assignment within the freshmen focused suites. Applications submitted after this date will be assigned by the Residence Life office.
- To receive priority consideration for medical housing accommodations, students should contact the office of Disability Support Services to have their recommendation in to Residence Life before June 1.
Dining Plan information
All students that live in the on-campus suites must have a dining plan. Students that do not select a dining plan will be defaulted to the 12 Meal per week and $500 Flex PER semester plan.
Click here to select your dining plan. Once on the page, select the top menu option "Meal Plan" to proceed and then "Meal Plan Purchase"
Please Note: The University does not discriminate in the provision of housing to students with disabilities, and the University will provide comparable, convenient, and accessible housing to students with disabilities at the same cost as to others.
- INCOMING FRESHMEN FALL 2018 HOUSING APPLICATION - NOW AVAILABLE!
- RETURNING OR TRANSFER STUDENT - FALL 2018 APPLICATION - NOW AVAILABLE!