Eagle ID Cards
ID Card Use
Your Clarion University ID card is the official campus identification card of the university and is required for all enrolled students.
The ID card serves multiple purposes listed below:
- Dining hall access
- Residence hall access for residence hall students
- Campus identification
- Eagle Dollars debit account that can be used at all dining locations, vending machines, laundry facilities, CU bookstore, concessions at athletic events, and at select off-campus locations
- Student activities access
- Printing at campus computer labs
- Athletic events access
- Carlson Library
Eagle Dollars is an open account that will remain active until a student withdraws or graduates. Students must request a refund of unused Eagle Dollars in writing within 30 days of separation from the university.
Several stores in the Clarion area offer discounts when students present their ID cards.
Identification cards are issued to all university students, staff, and faculty with the primary intended purpose to provide identification, access to various facilities and functions while providing a more secure campus community. The photo is stored in the identification system software and is the property of the university ID Office.
Identification cards should be carried by students at all times when on campus and must be shown when requested by university officials.
Distance Education and Web Students
Distance Education and Web students may obtain a photo ID card following the procedure listed. Because photo identification is required for all new ID cards, and since that is not possible for distance or Web students, the student must send a request from their eagle email account and provide their full name, Clarion ID number, home address, and phone number along with their photo attached in jpeg format. Email your request to email@example.com. Once this information is received and enrollment verified, we will process and mail the ID card to the student. The submitted photo must be:
- In color
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- Photos copied or digitally scanned from official documents are not acceptable. Snapshots, magazine/movie photos, low quality photos, and full-length photographs are not acceptable. Students are also not permitted to wear sunglasses or hats in the photo.
ID Card Terms and Conditions
Use and acceptance of the card indicates agreement to the terms and conditions that govern its use.
- Rights and privileges associated with the card are non-transferable and are contingent upon active status as a student.
- The card must be carried on campus at all times and presented to a Clarion official upon request.
- Photo images captured for the identification card, become part of a cardholder’s education record and, therefore, may be used for official university business.
- The name printed on the ID card is the individual official name as recorded in the Clarion student information system.
- Cardholders will have responsibility for reporting and replacing lost, stolen, or new damaged cards in a timely fashion in the Residence Life Office at 218 Becht Hall.
- The first ID card is issued at no charge. Replacement cards are $25 each at the time of replacement by cash, check, credit or debit card, money order, or may be billed to the student’s account.
- For first-time ID pictures, a picture form of identification is required.
- ID cards will be issued at no charge if there is a name change or the card is older (3 or more years) and damaged from use. Damaged cards will have a $25 replacement cost. If a new ID card is issued for one of the reasons listed above, the old ID card will be relinquished to the ID Office.
- Your digital photograph will be printed on the face of your ID card and will be stored in the ID system database and used when processing a replacement ID card.
- New pictures will be taken ONLY if there has been a significant change in appearance or the photograph is more than four years old.
- Meal plans, Flex Dollars, and Eagle Dollars are transferred from the replaced ID card to the new card.
- The university is not responsible for financial loss or criminal repercussion associated with lost, stolen, damaged, or fraudulently used ID cards.
- Personal information is secure; however, if requested, the university must comply with legal or government agencies if necessary.
Hours of Operation 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Phone: +1 814 393 2352
Fax: +1 814 393 1860