New Student Orientation
On campus New Student Orientation provides students, parents and guests with information they will need before the first day of classes.
- Receive course schedule information
- Meet other new students
- Connect with faculty/staff and current students
- Have their Clarion identification photo taken
- Become familiar with MyClarion accounts
- Explore the services on campus
- Talk with SOAR Mentors
- And...learn everything they need to know to get started at Clarion
Parents, Family, Spouses
- Receive valuable information from faculty/staff and SOAR Mentors about the first year of college
- Identify ways to support students during the first year of college
- Meet with staff in critical campus offices such as Financial Aid, Dining, and Wellness Services
- And...learn about the Clarion campus culture
All first time in college incoming students will be provided with an easy way for you to get yourself ready to come to Clarion for Spring 2018 from the comfort of your own home.
You will be emailed information pertaining to the three items below. You must complete these in order to receive a schedule.
1. Complete English & Math placements + Inquiry Seminar Selection in D2L
2. Complete SOAR Online Orientation Modules in D2L
3. Prepare for January Orientation (January 19-20, 2018) by signing up. Review instructions here.
Keep an eye on your eagle.clarion.edu address for more information.
For any questions or information regarding sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 814-393-1766.
Information regarding Summer 2018 Orientation sessions, for all Fall 2018 first time in college incoming students, will be available in February,
Shawn M. Hoke
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
+1 814 393 2714
Office for SOAR:
406 Becht Hall
+1 814 393 1766