Scholarship opportunities are not only available through Clarion University. Our students find scholarships dollars through organizations, non-profits, businesses and philanthropies on the local, state and national levels. Below are some external scholarship opportunities that may lead to more financial help in achieving your academic goals.
PASSHE Foundation Scholarships
The PASSHE Foundation contributes to the success of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, and its 14 universities and students with its various scholarship opportunities.
Pennsylvania National Guard members also can get full tuition and additional benefits.
Other scholarships that benefit the military or veterans include:
- Ankin Law Office Scholarship for Military Veterans - The Ankin Law Office is offering a $1,000 scholarship to those who have served in the military. Among other criteria, students must describe what you learned during your military career that will help you achieve great things in your civilian life in 500 words or less. Discuss how this applies to your chosen educational field.
- Ankin Law Office Scholarship for Disabled Veterans - Ankin Law Office is offering a $1,000 scholarship to a veteran with disabilities. Among other criteria, students must discuss what Americans can do to help meet those specific needs of disabled veterans that you feel aren't currently being met in 500 words or less.
- Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick's Child of Disable Veteran Scholarship - The law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD will award a $1,000 scholarship to one deserving applicant whose parent has a service-connected disability.
- eLearners Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is available for veterans, active duty, and, uniquely, spouses of veterans. The only other requirements include a brief essay.
- Jewish War Veterans National Achievement Program Scholarships - The 2016 Jewish War Veterans National Achievement Program Scholarships are available for U.S. current service members and veterans who plan to attend or are currently attending an accredited associate's, bachelor's, nursing or graduate-degree program.
- Personal Money Service Scholarship for Veterans - This one-time $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the veteran who successfully explains why they should be awarded this scholarship and also completes a small list of tasks.
- Study.com Scholarship for Military Veterans - This scholarship will provide a $500 academic award to a military veteran pursuing a bachelor's degree. Students from any branch of the military and all areas of study will be considered and selection will be based on academic history and extracurricular activities.
- U.S. Veteran Scholarship - Las Vegas Real Estate is offering a scholarship for the veteran (from any branch) who has at least been enrolled three semesters, may be failing, but has at least passed English 101 and pre-algebra. The award for this scholarship is $1,000, plus a $500 bonus to be paid directly to student at end of semester if they get a passing grade in classes.
- Veterans Benefits Scholarship - Three $2,000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate's degree,
bachelor's degree or graduate level program at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year
Even if you don't qualify for PASSHE or military awards, there are other avenues you can investigate in order to fund your education. The following is a list of non-profits, organizations and philanthropies that award scholarship money:
- Absolute Reviews Scholarship - The Absolute Reviews is awarding a scholarship to hardworking students with a writing prowess. The students will be shortlisted based their demonstrated work.
- Academic Hero Scholarship - Course Hero, an education technology company, is offering a $10,000 merit-based scholarship. Students are asked to write a 500-word essay for consideration.
- ACTIVEIG Scholarship - ACTIVEIG is a social media service provider offering up to three students $1,000 scholarships for successfully writing a 1,000-word essay on "why social media is important to our life."
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship - A-1 Auto Transport is offering a $1,000 scholarship to current, full time or part-time students of an accredited institute and have a GPA of 3.0 and complete an essay.
- Abbott and Fenner - The A&F $1,000 scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution.
- Aboutmens.com Scholarship - In order to win a $250 scholarship, individuals must write an essay related to men's health and fitness.
- ACLS Scholarship for Healthcare Providers - Pacific Medical Training is offering a $1,000 scholarship to students pursuing a career in the medical field.
- Activia Training Scholarship - An annual scholarship of $1,500 which will be paid via two $750 awards is available to students submitting winning entries.
- Adept Golf Scholarship - This $500 scholarship was created for all college and university students with an interest in golf. Students are to write a 500-word essay on any topic concerning golf that you choose.
- Addiction Resource Scholarship - AddictionResource.com, is working to raise awareness of substance abuse problems.
- Advanced Research Systems Video Scholarship Competition - Students are invited to create a one-to-two-minute video on what you should never do in a job interview.
- Adventographer Travel Scholarship - Applicants should submit a photo the applicant has taken while traveling, locally or abroad and a 1,000-word short format essay of why that memory or moment is special to them. The winning applicant will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
- AgoraPulse Social Media Management Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is a highly competitive award for high school and college
students interested in Social Media Management.
- Alaska Library Association Scholarship - To receive this $4,000 scholarship, applicants must be an Alaskan resident who is eligible for acceptance, is currently enrolled, or will be a student in a graduate school library media specialist certificate program during the academic year, semester, or academic quarter for which the scholarship is received. The applicant also must make a commitment to work in an Alaska library for a minimum of one year after graduation as a paid employee or a volunteer, or for two semesters for one semester's financial assistance.
- Allied Van Lines Scholarship - Three $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students whose area of study focuses on logistics and moving-related fields. Students should submit a brief essay of between 400 and 800 words, detailing why a career in logistics/supply chain management is your college major of choice.
- Alumni Association Scholarship - The Alumni Association, through the Clarion University Foundation, Inc., has available Scholarship and Leadership Awards for undergraduate students. Special consideration will be given to children and grandchildren of Clarion University alumni, as well as members of the Eagle Ambassador student alumni group. Scholarships are awarded up to $1,000 in the form of a tuition credit, with half the amount applied in the fall and the other half in the spring.
- American Cochlear Implant Alliance Conference Scholarship - The American Cochlear Implant Alliance sponsors an annual Clinical Research conference that provides opportunities for physicians, clinicians, scientists, and educators to share information. Conferences highlight research, clinical issues, educational topics for children, technology, quality of life, health care policy, cost effectiveness and insurance issues. Student scholarships are offered annually by the American Cochlear Implant Alliance for these meetings. The next conference, CI2018 Emerging Issues in Cochlear Implantation, will be held March 7-10, 2018, in Washington, DC. Contact Susan Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org, to request an application.
- Andrew Lynch Civil Justice Scholarship - Andrew R. Lynch, P.C. Attorney at Law is offering a $500 scholarship to the student who successfully writes on the topic: How do you plan to be involved in changing society's attitudes towards inequalities in our civil justice system? How do you plan to empower and educate people about their right to access the U.S. civil justice system?
- AnalyzedMedia Digital Marketing Scholarship - AnalyzedMedia is offering three scholarships upon successful completion of an essay contest and other criteria.
- Anna Hefrey Scholarship - To apply to this essay, share your vision for a tobacco free USA in 1,500–2,500 words.The winning students for first, second and third place receive scholarships in the amounts of $3,500, $1,500 and $1,000, respectively.
- Annual Tactical Being Scholarship - TacticalBeing.com is an outdoor-focused online publishing platform reaching more than 100,000 outdoor lovers per month. This scholarship requires an essay submission with the winning applicant receiving $1,000.
- Apartment Advisor Annual Housing Scholarship - To help with housing costs, one student will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to put
toward their housing.
- Ark Law Group - The Ark Law Group Fresh Start Scholarship Program is open to all college students
in the United States. Ark Law Group will award one scholarship of $1,000 per year.
- ASDSO Scholarship - Scholarship in the amount of between $5,000 and $10,000 are available to students
enrolled full-time at the senior level (during the 2016/2017 school year) in an accredited
civil engineering program, or in a related field as determined by ASDSO, and must
demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in hydraulics, hydrology or geotechnical
disciplines, or in another discipline related to the design, construction and operation
- AUA Physician Diversification Award - This $50,000 scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $5,000 per semester for the entire college of medicine program. All applicants must successfully write essay of no more than 500 words as well as meet other requirements.
- AvaCare Medical Scholarship - The AvaCare Medical Scholarship recognizes students who are pursuing a degree in the medical field, with a prize of $1,000 toward college tuition. Submissions for entry can either be an essay, image or video clip.
- BabiSeat Digital Marketing Scholarship - The scholarship is open to students enrolled in high-schools, colleges and universities, who have a passion for digital marketing. Essay winners will receive $1,000.
- Balance For Success Scholarship - This $500 scholarship is for current freshmen in college. It requires an essay.
- Bautista Leroy Entrepreneur Scholarship - Bautista Leroy Trial Attorneys are offing a $2,500 scholarship to the student who successfully completes an application and writes an essay explaining their need for the scholarship.
- BestColoredPencils.com Creative Mind Scholarship - In order to win this $1,500 scholarship, students must include a photo of an original artwork that you have created. Applicants must also include another photo that features your favorite detail of the artwork and an essay explaining the inspiration behind the artwork, the creative process and why you chose your favorite detail.
- Best Company Scholarship - Best Company is offering a $2,500 scholarship to individuals who are pursuing higher education in technology or a related field. In addition to an application, applicants must write a one-to two-page essay on how you plan to improve the world through innovation or technology. Three finalists will be selected and asked to participate in a 30-minute phone or video interview with the Best Company committee. After the interviews have been conducted, a single recipient will be chosen and awarded.
- BestGamingPC.com Scholarship - To receive this $1,500 scholarship, applicants must write a 1,500-word essay on your take on the "competitive gaming" or "eSports" revolution. The world of competitive gaming and eSports is growing rapidly and many players are getting paid very high salaries and endorsements. Can a competitive gamer maintain a well-paid career in this niche? What do you think is the future of "eSports"?
- Best Drones Scholarship - In order to receive this $1,000 scholarship, students must submit an essay/article of approximately 750 words on "how can you improve the environment using drone technology."
- Best for Your Home Scholarship - Best for Your Home is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who writes a successful 500-1000-word essay on one of the following topics: 1.) Organization and principles of housekeeping or 2.) Household of the future.
- Best Mattress Guide Sholarship - The $5,000 Best Mattress Guide Scholarship is open for students all over the world. Part of the application includes writing a 1,000-word article/essay on "how essential is good sleep for better efficiency."
- BestReviewsList Internet and Technology Scholarship - This $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to the student who successfully writes an original 1,500-word best reviews essay with a topic of their choice.
- Bless of Technology Scholarship - To participate in this $500 scholarship program, applicants will have to write between 300–1,000 words on the subject of the blessing of technology.
- BodyShape 101 Scholarship - BodyShape is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 1,500-2,000-word essay about how people with hectic schedules can adopt a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Biology Dictionary Scholarship - Biology Dictionary wants to award a scholarship of $1,000 to a student of any major who successfully writes on one of three biology-based topics.
- Bridge Builders- Bridge Builders is a community foundation encompassing Clarion, Venango, Forest and
parts of Jefferson Counties and has many scholarships.
- Bud Lutty Scholarship - With this charitable trust, 14 students will receive $2,500 for their education.
- Buffered Scholarship - The $5,000 Buffered Scholarship was launched to support women studying in the field of STEM while raising awareness of online security and privacy concerns. In order to enter, you must write an essay.
- BuildFire Scholarship - This scholarship provides $1,000 to two students attending or planning to attend a university in the upcoming semester to recipients who have a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- Caitlan Wallace Memorial Scholarship - In order to receive this $1,000 scholarship, students must successfully write a 500-2,000-word essay based on topic: "The advent of safe phones, texting, and social media has led to an increase of traffic accidents due to distracted driving."
- Calkain Real Estate Scholarship - The goal of this $1,000 scholarship is to encourage a career path in commercial real estate. The scholarship will be awarded to one full-time undergraduate or graduate student majoring in real estate or a related field. Selection is based on academic excellence and understanding of the field; preference is given to students with an interest in a career path working within the single tenant net lease market.
- Cameron Impact Scholarship - This four-year, merit-based scholarship (intended to cover the full tuition and qualified educational expenses — as defined by the Internal Revenue Service) at the recipient's chosen collegiate institution (estimated to be between $20,000-$50,000 per annum). The recipients will be 10-15 high school students and must meet necessary criteria and fill out an application.
- CanYouActually.com Scholarship - CanYouActually.com will award a $1,000 scholarship to the student
who successfully writes an essay for its writing contest.
- Caregiver Connection Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is open to any student in any major, although this scholarship is ideal for students enrolled in any health care major including but not limited to: nursing, physical therapy, dental hygiene, health care administration, health sciences, pre-med, speech language pathology, etc. Applicants must write an 800-word essay about how your major affects senior care and how you can improve senior living through your area of study.
- Connect First Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will awarded to the person who successfully answers three questions regarding customer service in a 1,000-1,500-word essay.
- Center for Scholarship Administration - The Center for Scholarship Administration administers 36 different scholarships with various deadlines.
- Central Infusion Alliance Scholarship - Central Infusion Alliance is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to the successful applicant who writes the best essay of how a healthcare worker has made a difference in your life or the life of someone close to you.
- Central Scholarship & Loan Referral Service - The Central Scholarship and Loan Referral Service of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh coordinates the efforts of a group of organizations, agencies and scholarship endowment funds that provide scholarships to local Jewish students enrolled in an accredited institution of higher education. Please note: Deadline extended.
- CGTrader Scholarship - CGTrader's goal is to challenge students to dig into the field of technology by writing different essays on how innovative technologies are transforming our lives. This year's topic is "using games for social good and playful learning." The best submission will be awarded $2,000 while the two runners-up will receive $500 each.
- Chameleon John College Scholarships - This website offers college scholarships to their users.
- Charlie Batch Foundation - Several scholarships will be awarded to students who have permanent residence status in Western, Pennsylvania.
- Check Corner Scholarship - This $1,500 scholarship is available to all students. Students must write an essay describing a life-changing experience, which will be graded by our panel of experts.
- Choose Better Scholarship - To win this $2,000 scholarship, applicants must write a short biography and 1,000-word essay on the topic of "better daily life for people with scoliosis" to raise awareness about the illness.
- CIA Medical Scholarship - Central Infusion Alliance is offering three $1,000 scholarships and seven $250 scholarships to any student enrolled in any medical program. To apply, one must write an essay describing how a health worker has made a difference in your life.
- Clarion APSCUF Fall 2017 Scholarship - Every fall semester, the local APSCUF chapter awards six $500 scholarships to currently enrolled CU students.
- Clean Meme Scholarship Contest - Cleaning and Restoration would like students to design a meme that showcases the psychological benefits of having your space cleaned. The first place is a $1,000 scholarship. Second place is $500 and third place is $250.
- Clean This Carpet Scholarship - Clean This Carpet is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the applicant who writes an essay of 1,500 words on the topic of housing 100 years ago and now.
- Clearfield County Conservation District Scholarship - Students from Clearfield County in an environmental field relating to conservation, forestry or agriculture are invited to apply for this scholarship.
- Clinical Guard Scholarship - Clinical Guard is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who in 500-1,000-words writes about one three proposed topics and meets other requirements.
- CNA Scholarship Program - This scholarship aims to fill a need that is in high demand as well as educate America's growing work force.
- Coca-Cola Scholars Program - One hundred and fifty Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year. Students must be a current high school (or home-schooled) senior attending schools in the United States (of DOD Schools); be U.S.citizens, U.S. nationals; U.S. permanent residents; refugees; asylees; Cuban-Haitian entrants or humanitarian parolees anticipating high school completion at the time of application; planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution and carry a minimum 3.0 GPA at the end of their junior year in high school.
- Cohen & Cohen Civil Justice Scholarship - Cohen & Cohen, P.C. is proud to offer this $500 scholarship to students pursuing college or an advanced degree of any type.
- College Jumpstart Scholarship - Tangible Vagaries SEO is offering $1,000 scholarships for the spring and fall semesters every year, open to all students, traditional or non-traditional. Applicants must write a 500-1,500-word essay or two-minute video addressing one of four essay prompts.
- Colonial Ghosts Scholarship - This sponsorship offers an annual $1,000 education scholarship for students majoring in Marketing.
- Colwell Law Group Single Parent Scholarship - The Colwell Law Group is offering a $2,000 scholarship to the person who successfully writes a 500-word essay explaining how living in a single-parent household has affected your life.
- Commaful Scholarship - To be eligible for this $1,000 scholarship, send in three short stories (no length restrictions or minimums) or a 1,000-word essay about something you're passionate about.
- Communications for Research - Communications for Research is offering an annual market research scholarship where the winner of an essay contest will receive $1,000 toward their tuition.
- Community Foundation For The Alleghenies - This organization helps students from Bedford, Cambria, Franklin, Fulton, Indiana, Somerset and Westmoreland Counties find scholarships.
- Community Foundation of Warren County - This foundation awards scholarships from a number of funds for talented students from Warren County, Pennsylvania pursuing post-secondary education.
- Community Foundation of Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio - This foundation has a listing of scholarships available to students attending Mercer County, Pennsylvania, high schools who want to pursue post-secondary education.
- Confirm BioSciences Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the student who successfully writes an essay from a list of prompts on the topic of addiction.
- Cool Dehumidifier Scholarship - Cooldehumidifer.com is offering a $1,500 scholarship to the student who successfully writes an essay on the topic: "Practices which improve daily life for people who suffer from asthma."
- Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law Scholarship - Corban Gunn, Attorney at Law, a personal injury lawyer located in Biloxi, Mississippi, is offering a twice-yearly $1,000 scholarship to students who are currently attending or plan to attend their first year of college or graduate school in the upcoming fall or spring semester.
- Couponing in College Scholarship Essay Contest - Dealspotr's $2,000 bi-annual scholarship will be awarded to the student who submits an article/essay that summarizes your best strategies for using coupons to save money in college.
- Coupons Plus Deals Scholarship - Coupons Plus Deals is offering one $3,000 scholarship to the successful student who writes an essay about how to save money in their daily life.
- Course Hero Merit-Based Scholarship - Course Hero offers two scholarships valued at $10,000 and $5,000 to the students who successfully complete and essay from a provided prompt.
- Cozzy.org Customer Support Scholarship - Cozzy.org is offering a $2,500 scholarship to any undergraduate or postgraduate college student who successfully writes on the topic "The future of the commerce. How the internet will change the consumption in 10 years?"
- Create and Go Scholarship - This $2,000 scholarship will be given to the student who successfully writes a 1,000-word essay answering the provided questions about blogging.
- Credible Scholarship - To win this $2,500 scholarship, applicants must fill out an entry form in its entirety for one entry into the scholarship drawing. You'll also receive bonus entries for sharing the scholarship with your friends.
- Credit Soup Scholarship - Credit Soup is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the applicant who successfully writes a 400-to-800-word essay detailing why you chose your major or the importance of your field of study.
- cuLearn with Thrivent Scholarships - Students can win a $1,000 college scholarship to put toward tuition. Students do not need to be a member or borrower to enter. No essays required.
- CustomWater Marketing Scholarship - Three scholarships will be awarded totaling $1,800 (1,000, $500 and $300) to the top three entrants. To enter, you must submit an original essay of 700-1000 words on a provided topic.
- Cut the Wood Scholarship - This $1,500 scholarship is geared toward students who are either currently pursuing or planning to pursue programs such as design, architecture, environmental studies or engineering. The topic of the short essay is "the art of woodworking." This would consist of a brief origin of woodworking, how it progressed over time and how it became an art form in contemporary society.
- Dealhack Community Volunteer Scholarship - Every year we award a $1,500 scholarship to the student who best demonstrates exceptional volunteer involvement in their community.
Dell Scholars Program - The Dell Scholars Program is offering scholarships for students who show grit, potential and ambition.
- Delta Kappa Gamma Society International Scholarship - A $1,000 scholarship is available to female students in a curriculum for the preparation of teachers, and who are planning to pursue a career in some field of education.
- Developintelligence.com - A new $1,000 annual scholarship is being offered for any student majoring in a computer science field. Awardees will be announced every summer.
- DeviceLab Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student to help support their efforts toward earning a degree in biomedical engineering.
- Diceus Computer Science Scholarship - Diceus is looking for smart young people who are keen on programming and the latest
information technologies. In order to apply for this $1,000 scholarship, you must
meet the eligibility requirements.
- Direct Energy Live Brighter Scholarship - Three students will win one of the three available scholarships. Students apply by creating a video or writing a 500-word essay stating how you live brighter as a student, while being a vibrant part of your community. There will be one $5,000 prize and two $2,500 prizes.
- Discover Student Loans Scholarship Awards - Eligible undergraduate students can enter to win one of the $2,500 scholarships from Discover Student Loans.
- DMC Digital Marketing Essay Scholarship - DMC Digital Marketing is a $500 scholarship offered to full or part-time students, to showcase their passion for marketing, digital or otherwise. Each student must write an essay about marketing principles that small businesses can implement immediately to see quick returns.
- DocuTAP Scholarship - DocuTAP is offering five annual scholarships to college students. These scholarships require a 500-800 word essay submission, and
the winning applicants will receive $1,000 dollars toward their costs of education.
- Don't Text and Drive Scholarship - Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded during the academic year. Any student, 24 years old or younger, that is currently admitted or enrolled in a four-year college/university or graduate school or will be applying to one in the next calendar year is eligible.
- Dr. David Ghozland, M.D. Scholarship - Dr. David Ghozland, M.D. is offering a $1,000 scholarship to students in the sciences or medical field.
- DrenchFit: Scholarship for Outstanding Health & Fitness Innovation - Drench Health and Fitness is offering a $1,100 scholarship to the individual who
can meet specific requirements and display innovative ideas in the health and fitness
- DroneAddicts Scholarship - This $500 scholarship will be awarded to the student who successfully writes an essay on using drone technology to improve an environmental problem.
- Drones Inspector Scholarship - Students interested in drones and in writing about this particular topic should apply to the Drones Inspector Annual Scholarship Program to receive a $1,000 award.
- Dunkin' Donuts Scholarship Program - These $1,000 scholarship awards are open to qualified high school seniors in the Greater Philadelphia region.
- EasyEDA Electronic Engineering Communication Scholarship - EasyEDA is offering a $2,500 scholarship for students who love creating and are interested in electronic engineering.
- Easy Street SEO Scholarship - Easy Street SEO is proud to sponsor a $500 scholarship to be awarded to the student who submit an essay of at least 900 words on the topic of "why I deserve to be awarded the Easy Street SEO scholarship and how my personal career plan will be a benefit to society," among other qualifications.
- Ecommerce Marketing and Technology Science Scholarship - This $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to the student who successfully writes a 500-word essay on how great marketing can impact the world.
- Educational Gadget Scholarship - London Sash Windows is offering its Educational Gadget Scholarship of $1,000 to the student who successfully writes a 1000-word essay with the topic "better living through technology." The essay should be about the student's choice of best invention/technology that transformed people's lives and brought great positive impact into communities, nations and the whole humanity.
- Elder Abuse and Neglect Infographic Scholarship - The Peck Law Group is offering a $500 scholarship to the student who creates the best infographic on elder abuse and neglect.
- eLearners Scholarship - This $1,000 rolling scholarship is available for any student attending an online college or an online degree program. Applicants must write a 250-word essay on how has choosing an online college enabled you to finish your education?
- 11Must Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the student who best answers the essay prompt "How the latest technology is making the lives of people easier."
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Scholarship - The attorneys at Wiseman Bray PLLC are offering a $500 scholarship for a student with a minimum 3.5 GPA, who is enrolled or admitted to a 2 or 4 year collegiate, or graduate/professional program. An essay of 500 words or more that addresses prompts about business and entrepreneurial ideas also is required.
- Erie Community Foundation Scholarship - The Erie Community Foundation is home to 90 donor named scholarships, and each has its own eligibility and criteria requirements. Many scholarships target students graduating from specific high schools, some for specific areas of study and others for financial need. Each scholarship is unique according to its donor's wishes, and each offers the opportunity to earn a scholarship for your education.
- Expert Institute's Annual Healthcare and Life Sciences Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the individual who successfully writes
a 1,000-2,000 word essay on how you believe your specialized knowledge and training
could be applied to improving the practice of law. The deadline is Dec. 31.
- ExpressVPN Scholarship - This $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student
to help support their efforts toward earning a graduate or undergraduate degree.
- EZstorit Get Ahead Scholarship - To be eligible for this $500 scholarship, applicants must be enrolled at the time of application as a full-time undergraduate
or graduate student at an accredited college of university and demonstrate successful
completion of the previous year's study by maintaining at least a 2.75 accumulated grade point average. This scholarship is
mailed directly to the scholarship recipient.
- FamilyAssets Scholarship - One $3,000 scholarship will be awarded to a deserving student that has shown their own passion for providing care for an elderly person in need. The student should also have ideas on how long-term care can be adapted to better suit the needs of seniors and be prepared to write a 1,500-word essay addressing specific questions on the topic.
- Fast Road to Success Scholarship - Fast Guard Services wants to hear your plans for the security of our future. What have you already done to make society more secure? One winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship grant from Fast Guard Service.
- FEATHR Wallpaper Scholarship - FEATHR is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the applicant who successfully answers the question: "How and why has a piece of art influenced your personal, educational and/or creative development."
- Feldco Windows, Siding and Doors Scholarship - Feldco Windows, Siding and Doors is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a current or prospective college student who submits a winning essay on the topic, "How has your family contributed to who you are today?"
- 1st Art Gallery Scholarship - 1st Art Gallery is offering a $1,000 scholarship per academic year to arts and liberal arts students.
- Fitness Writing Scholarship - Three $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who are currently enrolled full-time in universities, colleges (or alumni).
- Fitwirr Scholarship - The Fitwirr scholarship is an essay-based scholarship, and all applicants are required to write a 500 to 1,000 essay on how to eat healthy in college. The winning recipient will receive $1,000.
- Foxy Trades Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the student who successfully writes an essay on the topic of "why I decided to study finance."
- Frank D. and Clara R. Williams Scholarship - This scholarship is for residents of Venango County.
- Frank L. Greathouse Government Accounting Scholarship - The Frank L. Greathouse Government Scholarship is available for award to two graduate or undergraduate students enrolled in full-time study preparing for a career in state and local government finance. The scholarship is for $8,000.
- Fringe Pursuits Athletic Scholarship - Fringe Pursuits' $1,000 scholarship is for students who excel at sports and while maintain a proven academic track record and successfully write an essay of 1,000 words or less of a provided topic.
- Future Innovators Scholarship Program - Equal access to education is one of the main pillars of StudySoup's values. To further propagate access to education for all, StudySoup recently announced a $2,000 scholarship for outstanding students enrolling in or continuing to pursue education opportunities.
- Future of Assisted Living Scholarship - This $2,000 annual scholarship award is given to three students enrolled in an associate's degree, bachelor's degree or graduate level program at an accredited two-year college or four-year university.
- Future Female Leaders Scholarship - StudySoup is offering a $2,000 scholarship to one outstanding female student who's exhibited extraordinary leadership skills and an ability to empower others.
- Future Problem Solvers Scholarship - This $1,250 scholarship will be awarded to the student who successfully writes a 750-1,000-word essay on what they think the biggest problem in the world is today and how they'd fix it.
- 4BlackYouth - This website lists a number of scholarship opportunities for minority students.
- Gaame Over Scholarship - This $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to the individual who successfully writes about aggressive games leading to violence. Marketing, IT, business, communications and health science students are highly encouraged to apply.
- Gaming 2020 Scholarship - This $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to the applicant who successfully writes a 850-word essay on the future of gaming.
- Garage Door Nation - The Garage Door Nation scholarship rewards students who have shown a "DIY" attitude
by helping out their communities and being involved in school programs to better their environment.
Students planning to become a full-time student at an accredited university are invited
to apply for a $1,500 scholarship.
- GE Foundation - The GE Foundation awards scholarships annually through 10 programs.
- Giant Mommy Internet Marketing Scholarship - This scholarship is designed to help students who have a passion for internet marketing. One student will receive $1,000 scholarship.
- Gillespie, Shields, Durrant & Goldfarb Scholarhip - The family law firm Gillespie, Shields, Durrant & Goldfarb is offering a $1,000 scholarship for students interested in becoming family law advocates and/or in pre-law programs. Applicants must submit a 400-to-600-word essay answering what motivates them to become a family advocate and how they envision doing so.
- GOGO Charters National Scholarship - GOGO Charters is offering a $10,000 per year scholarship for refugees and immigrants. Scholarships can be used at any accredited public, private, technical college or university in the United States.
- Go Green Scholarship - The purpose of this $1,000 scholarship is to raise awareness among the students, the next generation, about effects of climate change and the importance of environmental protection.
- Good Deed Seats Scholarship - A $500 scholarship will be awarded to the student who successfully writes a 1000-plus-word essay on one of these two topics: "Good deeds athletes can do to make a difference," or "good deeds musicians can do to make a difference."
- Grey Smoke Media Scholarship - An annual scholarship of $3,000 will be awarded to a student enrolled in a post-secondary institution that is pursuing a career in business marketing, communications, liberal arts or social sciences. Preference will be given to those students who have not started their first semester or are in their first or second year.
- Gun Safe House Scholarship - Gun Safe House is offing a $1,500 scholarship for engineering and medical students in which applicants write a 900-1,000-word essay on how can we make our world more secure.
- Handlry Internet Marketing Scholarship - In this $1,500 scholarship contest, students must write a minimum 1,500 words on "10 things I will do to change my life in next five years."
- HandyGenerators.com Scholarship - Handy Generators is offering a $2,000 scholarship to the student who writes a successful 1,500–2,000-word essay describing their view on the benefits of solar power.
- Happiness and Prosperity Scholarship - In order to receive this $5,000 scholarship, applicants must write a 500-word essay on one of many available topics.
- Healthcare Administrator Organization Scholarship - HealthcareAdministrator.org is offering a $3,000 scholarship to students enrolled in a college or a university.
- Healthcare Leaders Scholarship - The $1,000 Healthcare Leaders Scholarship is offered to students entering or currently pursuing an educational program related to nursing or medicine.
- Healthline and NORD Stronger Scholarship - Healthline and NORD have teamed up to award four $5,000 scholarships to students
committed to helping those living with rare and/or chronic disease. To apply, students
must demonstrate involvement in the advancement of rare and/or chronic disease(s),
either through research, patient advocacy, raising awareness, or community building.
- Health & Spine Medical Center Scholarship - Healthandspine.com is offering a $500 scholarship. Students are required to submit a 500-750 word essay titled "What measures can one take to make preventative care work for their lifestyle?"
- Health Organization Scholarship - The Health Organization will award a $1,000 to the student who successfully writes a 1,000-1,500-word essay that demonstrates a clear understanding of the need for an integrated, natural, whole body approach to health and wellness.
- Heat Talk Scholarship - Heat Talk will select two individuals based on their writing ability to receive $1,250 each. Applicants should write a 500-700-word essay on the future of energy in the home and the worldwide implications.
- Helen E. Remler Memorial Educational Scholarship - The Meadville Business and Professional Women's Organization is awarding a $500 scholarship.
- HelpTeaching.com - To apply for this $1,000 scholarship, applicants should submit a short story or informational article for children (400-800 words).
- Hired Scholarship - Hired offers a $5,000 first prize award for both spring and fall semesters, plus personalized training and promotion from a talent advocate to help promising computer science prodigies into the professional ranks. The top 10 finalists will also receive career coaching from a dedicated talent advocate, plus promotion to position them as top-rated software engineers. Application includes an essay and practical demonstration of coding.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund / General College Scholarship - The HSF General College Scholarships are designed to assist students of Hispanic heritage obtain a college degree. Scholarships are available on a competitive basis to graduating high school seniors, community college transfers, undergraduate and graduate students.
- Homedust Scholarship - Homedust is offering an annual scholarship to all students. This scholarship is merit based, requires an essay submission, and the winning applicant will receive $1,000 toward their education costs.
- Hooked to Books Scholarship - This program offers a $1,000 scholarship to all current and future college students who are 15 years old or older.
- HostGator Small Business Scholarship - This program offers a $1,500 scholarship.
- HostingStep Web Scholarship - One student gets a $1,000 scholarship and a web hosting account for one year to support their academic projects upon successfully writing an essay for the following topic: " How web hosting plays a crucial role in online business."
- How to Build That Body Scholarship - This $500 scholarship is for all college/university undergraduates and postgraduates in areas of nutrition and dietetics or any health and fitness-related courses. Students must write 1,000 to 2,500 words on a provided essay topic.
- HubShout Internet Marketing Scholarship - This scholarship is designed to help students who are on the path to any type of technical, business or
marketing career that will involve online marketing. Graduate students, and students who have completed at least one year of post-secondary education and have
at least a 3.0 GPA are encouraged to apply.
- Humanity Rising - Find your service passion and participate in a Humanity Rising Service Challenge to become eligible for our service scholarships.
- Igardenplanting Scholarship - This$1,000 scholarship is designed to help people share their love of gardening while competing for a cash prize.
- IBISWorld Scholarship - IBISWorld is offering finance/business/economics students a chance to receive a $1,500 grant toward their tuition fees. The student must currently be pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in finance/business/economics at any accredited university.
- iBuySmurf Scholarship - iBuySmurf is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who writes the best essay on the future of eSports. Students should write a minimum of 700 words explaining the future of competitive gaming and why it matters in your life.
- Innovation Scholarship Essay Contest - The Innovation Essay Contest seeks to raise awareness of technology's impact on driving and help students with their education. The third annual essay contest will feature $5,000 in prizes to help young people further their educations.
- Inspirational College Scholarship - A $1,000 scholarship is available to students currently enrolled in college.
- Internet Effects Scholarship - Online Biz Coach is offering a $1,500 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 1,000-word essay on the impact of the internet on our lives.
- Investment Zen $1K Scholarship - This scholarship is for $1,000 and is open to any full-time student enrolled at an accredited university.
- iWP Clean Water Scholarship - The iWP Clean Water Scholarship is designed to aid students preparing for careers working with, or in the protection of water. iWP will award as many as two scholarships of up to $5,000 toward tuition and textbooks. Participants must write a 1,000-word essay describing the top three things we as a global society need to do to achieve 100 percent access to clean water for every human being on earth.
- JobApplicationsOnline.com Scholarship - JobApplicationsOnline.com, of Canton, Ohio, is providing a bi-yearly scholarship of $1,000 toward college tuition costs for working students. To apply, students must simply write an essay on a chosen topic.
- John Foy & Associates Strong Arm Leukemia Scholarship - A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one college student who has battled leukemia
or whose life has been affected by it, and is enrolled in an accredited college or
university as an undergraduate student, graduate student, or an incoming freshman
at an accredited institution in the United States.
- John K. Zaid Essay Writing Scholarship - John K. Zaid & Associates, PLLC, is offering a $1,000 scholarship for the student who successfully writes an essay of 1,500 words on road traffic safety. The essay should represent your opinion, backed up with facts, on how to enhance the road traffic safety and prevent accidents.
- Junk Car Medics Scholarship - Junk Car Medics is offering a $1,000 annual scholarship to all prospective and current students. This scholarship is merit-based and requires an essay submission.
- Juego Studio's $1,000 Student Excellence Scholarship - This scholarship is only for students who are presently enrolled in colleges, universities or high schools. Students of any stream/branch of study can apply for this scholarship. We especially look forward to applications from a gaming enthusiast. Applicants must be older than 18 years of age.
- Just Rent to Own Scholarship - Just Rent to Own Scholarship is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 500-to-1,000-words on how to find an affordable accommodation.
- Kamper Estrada Helping Families Scholarship - In order to be eligible for this $500 scholarship, students must write a 1,000-word (or less) essay describing a situation where you have helped a family in need.
- Karman Healthcare - Scholarships for students with a mobility disability who excel academically and those who have a regard for disability awareness in America.
- Kelleher International College - One student will be selected to receive a $2,500 scholarship based on the best answer to the question, "How can philanthropy change the world?" This should be a short essay under 500 words.
- Kids' Chance of Pennsylvania Scholarship - Kids' Chance offers scholarships to students who need assistance for college or vocational education because a parent was killed or injured in a work-related accident.
- Landmark Sign Company Scholarship - Landmark Signs is offering a $1,000 annual scholarship to the winner of their essay contest.
- Laura M. Smedley Scholarship Program - This scholarship is for residents of Venango County.
- Law Offices of David Gordon Scholarship Essay and Video Contest - In order to earn this $1,500 scholarship, you must submit an original essay of no more than 600 words or an original video of no longer than two minutes that addresses a provided topic.
- Law Offices of Sean M. Cleary Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is intended to support one student who will help raise awareness on the deadly effects of teen DUI. Inspired by a personal story, tell us why you shouldn't drink and drive in 100-300 words.
- League of Legends Epic Shop Summer Scholarship - League of Legends is offering a scholarship program with prizes up to $1,000 for the first place, $600 for the second place, and $400 for the third place. In 750 words, LoL enthusiasts and students with a creative mind should develop a unique setting, character and backstory based off of LoL. This task allows participants to use creativity and demonstrate knowledge of the game.
- Leap Clixx Scholarship - Leap Clixx's annual Marketing Scholarship is for students currently enrolled in college or headed there in 2018 who would like to receive $2,500 to go towards their tuition costs. Applicants must submit an essay addressing the marketing-related prompt.
- Leesa Social Impact Scholarship - The Leesa Social Impact Scholarship will provide $10,000 to support four exceptional students as they embark on their own journey toward social action. To receive this $10,000 scholarship, students must demonstrate their commitment to social action. In addition to the $10,000 award, each scholar will be offered a mentorship program with the Leesa Social Impact department.
- LiveCoach Scholarship - LiveCoach is offering a $2,000 scholarship to the applicant who writes a 1,000-word essay about the time you've reached an important goal. Alternatively, you can write about a goal you are trying to reach now or some time in the future.
- Loans Made Easy Scholarship - DirectFHA will award one scholarship of $1,000 to the student who successfully writes 1,000 words or more on how to find a perfect home loan.
- Local Pride Scholarship - The scholarship gives students an opportunity to celebrate their local communities through an essay submission. There will be three award winners including first ($2,500), second ($1,000), and third ($500) places. To enter, in 300-500 words, tell us what makes you proud of where you live.
- Luigi Wewege Foundation Scholarship - To apply for this $1,500 scholarship, applicants must write a short essay (under 500 words) answering the question “How will retail banking change in the next 25 years?”
- Market.biz Scholarship - Market.biz is offering a $1,000 scholarship and a $500 scholarship to the runner-up who writes a successful essay from a list of available topics.
- MarketResearch.com Scholarship - MarketResearch.com is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to one outstanding student who displays an interest in the field of market research. Applicants will be required to participate in an essay contest as well as submit other materials.
- Mattress Picks Scholarship - Mattress Picks is offering a $1,000 scholarship to Clarion University students majoring in marketing, business, IT, communications, health sciences and other relevant subjects.
- MDG Advertising Scholarship - In order to win this $1,000 scholarship, candidates must describe, in a five-paragraph essay, what you want to do for a living after college (it does not have to be about a career in advertising), why you think this path will be a good use of your time, and what skills you will bring to the table.
- Medical School Scholarship - This $2,500 scholarship is open to students currently enrolled or accepted to medical, dental or nursing school. Applicants must submit a video, share the scholarship page on Facebook and submit an application.
- MelbourneRehabs Scholarship - MelbourneRehabs is awarding $1,000 scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students who share their vision and ideas for an addiction-free society.
- Michelle A. Campbell Memorial Nursing Scholarship - To qualify for this scholarship, students must be a graduate of St. Marys Area, Elk County Catholic, Johnsonburg Area or Ridgway Area high schools and enrolled as a second-year student or higher in an accredited nursing program. An essay also is a requirement.
- Microscope Spot Scholarship - Microscope Spot is offering two $1,500 scholarships to the applicants who successfully write a 800-1,000-word essay on advancements in microscopy and implications on future healthcare.
- Mid Penn Bank Anna Woodside Scholarship - Applicants must reside in Central Pennsylvania in order to be eligible for this $1,000 scholarship.
- MindSumo.com Scholarship - Each month MindSumo offers at least $25,000 in total scholarship funds. Individual challenges have a $1,600 scholarship prize pool and top ideas can earn up to $200 each. Sign up and then select a challenge.
- Mobile App Development Scholarship Program - Space-O Technologies is offering a $500 scholarship to any student who develops an APP (Android or iOS) that serves to resolve or alleviate a social problem in your life or community.
- Mobile Application Development Scholarship - AIS Technolabs is offering a $500 scholarship to any student majoring in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or IT, who develops an app (Android or IOS) that serves to resolve an issue in the society or the community at large.
- Modern Parenting Scholarship - BuzzParent is offering a $2,000 scholarship for the student who successfully writes an essay on the subject of modern parenting.
- MorningChores Scholarship - Having a strong passion for gardening, farming, raising livestock, green living, homesteading, agriculture, and permaculture is a major factor in the awarding of this $1,000 scholarship. No actual experience is necessary.
- MyBioSource Scholarship - Apply to win one of five $1,000 awards for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics majors, or one of five $1,000 awards for all other majors.
- My Credible Future Scholarship - Any student actively enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate university program can submit a photo and story about "why your education is important to you" for a chance to earn the #MyCredibleFuture $10,000 scholarship.
- My Travel Luggage Scholarship - The My Travel Luggage Scholarship is for all the students who are passionate about traveling. Under this scholarship, applicants need to write 1,000-1,500 words from the potential topics, and the best one will be the awarded $500.
- Nation 21 Scholarship - Nation 21 announces five $500 scholarships to five winners who either with write an 800-word essay, design an info-graphic or a develop a two-minute video on one of the following topic: "Why financial literacy is important for students about student loans and current economy" or "Machine learning in finance – machine learning versus quants (this topic only applies to engineering students).
- National Founder’s Scholarship – This $500 scholarship is available to fund graduate study.
- Nicholas A. Pennipede Memorial Scholarship - Eye Associates is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 500-800 word essay about how you have and/or plan to use your undergraduate education to serve a community. Other requirements also factor into this scholarship.
- North American Van Lines Logistics Scholarship - Five qualified entrants will each win a $1,000 scholarship toward their degree in logistics or supply chain management at the college or university of their choice. An essay is part of the application.
- Nurse.org Healthcare Leaders Scholarship - Applicants must be 17 or older with a 3.0+ GPA, and enrolled or accepted to a nursing
or healthcare-related program. Both graduate and undergraduate students are eligible
to apply for this $1,000 award.
- Nurse Plus Academy Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is established by the Nurse Plus Academy for the benefit of junior and senior students who are pursuing a baccalaureate or associate's degree with a major in nursing.
- NursingCareerTips Scholarship - One $1,000 scholarship will be given to the student who successfully writes an essay of 1,000-plus words on the topic “Is nursing a good career option?”
- Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania - This foundation provides scholarships for students pursuing nursing degrees in Pennsylvania.
- Outdoor Gear Up Scholarship - This $600 scholarship is for outdoor enthusiasts who write a 400-to-500-word essay on what you like about being in the outdoors? Applicants also must submit a photo of themselves in the outdoors.
- Outdoor Living Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is open to high school students in their final two years of study.
- OutdoorNinjas Outdoor Enthusiast Scholarship - OutdoorNinjas is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the students who successfully writes a 500-to-,1000-word essay about an outdoor activity of your choice that emphasizes the power of outdoor life and should be valuable enough to help other people.
- OutdoorStack Scholarship - To encourage students and families throughout America to spend more time outdoors, this annual financial aid program was created for students enrolled in full-time or online education courses. One passionate individual will receive a $500 award, for applying and expressing their interest in the subject.
- Over the Top SEO Scholarship - Over the Top SEO is awarding $1,000 to the student who shows a special talent as a marketing writer. This scholarship is merit based and requires an essay submission.
- PACAC - This website lists one $1,500 scholarship and three $1,000 scholarships available to high school seniors.
- PayScale Scholarship - This $2,000 scholarship is for women pursuing a degree to become an engineer, mathematician, software developer, researcher or in other STEM professions.
- Pay Stub Makr - Pay Stub Makr is offering a $2,500 per year scholarship to the students of finance, accounting and business management. Applicants are required to write a 750-1,000 word essay about how you or your family manages your personal finances.
- Personal Finance Analyst Scholarship - Any current, full-time or part-time student of an accredited institute with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 is become eligible for this $500 scholarship in which applicants write a 1,500-word essay on how to manage your personal finances effectively.
- Pet Adoption Scholarship - This $2,000 scholarship will go to the successful applicant who writes an essay on pet adoption and their experience growing up with pets. Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Pet Vacuum Lab Scholarship - Pet Vacuum Lab is happy to announce its annual scholarship campaign, where a student will win $1,000 upon writing a successful essay on the topic of "What do you see as the greatest threat to the environment today?" All applicants from high school to undergraduate status may apply.
- PHN Charitable Foundation Healthcare Scholarships - To apply for this scholarship, applicants must submit an essay, a minimum of 600 words, describing how your pursuit in a chosen field of study in an education program or college aligns with the mission, values, programs, and care the Primary Health Network/Primary Health Network Charitable Foundation provides for the communities they serve.
- Photography Talk Scholarship - Photograpy Talk is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the applicants who successfully writes and essay of 1,000 words or creates a three-to-five-minute video on three chosen topics.
- Pittsburgh Foundation Scholarships - The Pittsburgh Foundation has a variety of scholarships for which students can apply. There are special instructions for applying to these scholarships.
- Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Foundation Scholarship - Scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $2,000 are available for students who are Hispanic/Latino or of Hispanic/Latino descent, and who reside in one of the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Westmoreland or Washington County.
- Planet of Baseball Scholarship - In hope of inspiring people to share their love with baseball, Planet of Baseball will award a $500 scholarship to the person who successfully writes a 500-1,000-word essay on "Why aren't you playing baseball yet?"
- PNC Financial Literacy Scholarship - The PNC Education Loan Center supports students by giving them a chance to win $2,000 to spend on their education expenses. A total of $24,000 is awarded annually to eligible undergraduate students who have entered the sweepstakes through their Financial Literacy account at PNC.
- Poise Foundation - Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the Poise Foundation provides scholarships to students from Pittsburgh.
- PoolXperts Scholarship - PoolXperts would love to give away scholarship to one student, who shows extraordinary passion for continuing their education and future learning. Students who are willing to apply for scholarship need to submit a 500-700-word essay on "how can swimming be best exercise to keep yourself healthy and fit."
- Pokethrift Writing Scholarship - Pokethrift is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to the student with the best essay 1,500-word essay explaining how video games can help students develop cognitive skills.
- Power Drill Guru - This is an annual scholarship contest in which applicants write an essay on the following topic: "With an ever increasing digital landscape, how should marketing strategies adapt to ensure they're always ahead of the curve and driving value?" The scholarship is suitable but not limited to, business or marketing majors.
- Purpose Challenge - This $25,000 grand prize and five second place $5,000 prizes are awarded to the applicants who are U.S. high school seniors currently planning to attend college in the fall of 2018. Applicants must complete submission information and an essay of no more than 650 words.
- Practice Test Geeks - Full-time students seeking a diploma in enterprise, management, marketing, economics or related fields are eligible to apply for this $1,600 scholarship. Applicants should write a 1,000-word essay about their reasons for pursuing their chosen career in business or a related field.
- Premier SEO Ninjas Scholarship - The Premier SEO Ninjas Scholarships Program will award young business students who successfully record a three-to-five-minute video that demonstrates ingenuity in the area of how to acquire new clients to a business. The first place winner will receive $1,000 and a Dell laptop. Second place will receive $750 and third place will receive $500.
- Prime Scholarship - This scholarship is open to students who are studying to become an RN or an LPN. Up to five students will be selected with a reward of $1,000 each. The number of awards vary depending upon the total number of applicants.
- PrizeRebel Scholarship - This short essay scholarship focuses on the challenges and accomplishments you face as a student. The student with the best short essays submission will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
- Proof Factor Scholarship - This $2,500 scholarship is awarded bi-annually to students currently enrolled in or planning to attend an accredited post secondary school (college/university/vocational School) within one year (generally high school seniors).
- Quicken Loans Scholarship - Quicken Loans is offering a scholarship essay contest to all college, university and vocational school students. This scholarship is merit based, requires an essay submission, and the winning applicant will receive $2,500 dollars to put toward tuition costs.
- Raise.me Scholarship - Students are rewarded for their high school successes (i.e. good grades, perfect attendance, visiting colleges, and achieving a certain score on the SAT or ACT exams).
- Randall Blair Isenberg Alcohol Addiction Awareness Scholarship - The Randall Blair Isenberg Alcohol Addiction Awareness Scholarship rewards one student who demonstrates a passion for raising awareness of alcohol addiction with a $500 scholarship. Applicants must write an essay in addition to having other qualifications.
- Raw Spice Bar Community Volunteer Scholarship - This $1,500 scholarship is merit based for students who demonstrate outstanding volunteer involvement in their community.
- Ray Snader Scholarship - The law office of Howard A. Snader is offering a $2,000 scholarship to college-bound students who live in single parent homes as a result of one parent being held in custody, or, because of one parent’s former incarceration, the family is unable to assist in providing financial support for their college education.
- Ready to Succeed Scholarship Program - The Ready to Succeed Scholarship (RTSS) Program is administered by PHEAA in close cooperation with the Pennsylvania Department of Education. The program, which is funded by the Pennsylvania General Assembly, provides awards to high-achieving students whose annual family income does not exceed $110,000.
- Recovery Village Health Care Scholarship - The Recovery Village is offering a $1,000 scholarship to students pursuing a medical-related course of study. To enter to win a $1,000 scholarship, submit a short essay (no more than 500 words) describing why you are passionate about substance use disorder and mental health treatment. Essays can be in the form of a personal narrative with a medical perspective or focus specifically on clinical experience.
- Rehabmart.com Scholarship - Rehabmart is owned and operated by Occupational and Physical Therapists who are offering scholarships to students with disabilities, health science students, or anyone majoring in special needs education.
- Rentec Direct Tech Mastery Scholarship - Up to four $500 scholarships will be awarded to students to encourage and support the goals and dreams of future technology influencers. It is open to all undergraduate students pursuing a career in Computer Science, software development or other closely related fields of study.
- ReputationStacker Scholarship - ReputationStacker will offer a scholarship of $1,000 to any college or university upon successful completion of a 500-to-1,500-word essay on how online reviews swayed your decision regarding what college/university you ultimately chose to attend.
- ReviewLatest.com Scholarship - ReviewLatest.com is offering a $2,500 scholarship to assist students who share the same strong passion for products, along with the same vision and values as this company.
- Reyna Injury Lawyers bi-annual Scholarship - The Reyna Injury Lawyers are offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student with the successful essay on the topic: What would make a difference in encouraging drivers to stop texting while driving?
- Robert Hamparyan Injury Scholarship - Robert Hamparyan of Hamparyan Injury Lawyers is offering a bi-annual scholarship of $1,000 to the successful author of 500-plus-word essay on "What can we do to prevent individuals from driving while intoxicated?"
- Robert M. Helfend Criminal Defense Scholarship - Los Angeles criminal defense attorney Robert M. Helfend is offering a $500 scholarship to one undergraduate or law school student in the United States. Applicants also must write a 400-600-word-essay from a list of approved topics.
- Robert T. Zaleski Memorial Scholarship - The Pennsylvania Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals will be awarding one $2,000 scholarship and two $1,000 scholarships to accounting majors.
- Robo Advisor Scholarship - Robo Advisor is offering a $1,500 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 700-1,000-word essay about the importance of early investment and why Robo Advisors could be that investment.
- Ronald Reagan Foundation - Honoring the legacy and character of our nation’s 40th President, the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program rewards college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education. Each year, the Program selects numerous recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship renewable for up to an additional three years – up to $40,000 total per recipient. Awards are for undergraduate and graduate study, and may be used for education-related expenses, including tuition, fees, books, supplies, room, and board.
- RN to BSN/MSN Challenge Scholarship - RegisteredNursing.org offers an annual $1,000 scholarship to help nurses continue their education.
- Ruby's Rainbow - Scholarships are awarded to individuals with Down Syndrome seeking higher education, post-secondary or enrichment classes. Ruby's Rainbow scholarships are up to $5,000 per individual, subject to available funds.
- Ryota Iwai Digital Media Entrepreneur Scholarship - To earn this $1,000 scholarship, applicants must write an essay of no more than 1,000 words on a specific topic.
- SalonAmbient.com Scholarship - This scholarship of $1,500 will be awarded to the applicant who writes 1,500 words on "is online learning the future of education?"
- Sattiraju Employment Law Scholarship - Sattiraju Law Firm is offering a $1,000 scholarship to any student who will be attending an accredited college or university has plans of attending law school in the future and have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Even though all students with plans or who are currently attending law school are encouraged to apply, special consideration will be given to those who plan or are specializing in employment law or who are the immediate relative of a transport/truck driver that has been classified as an independent contractor.
- Sawinery DIY Scholarship - Sawinery is looking for creative Do-It-Yourself students. If you are a creative student, and can tell Sawinery about any DIY experience you had in any topic (not only woodworking), you could earn a $1,500 scholarship. It could be any project, but it must be creative and something that anyone can do.
- SecureCare65 Scholarship - This $2,000 scholarship is for one undergraduate student who can best express in 1,000 words, their thoughts regarding the planning for the future of their loved ones, in an engaging written piece.
- Scholarship for Children of Police Officers - Larry R. Williams, PLLC will award one scholarship for $2,000 that can be used for
tuition, books, or any school related expenses.
- Scholarship Program for Graphic & Web Design Excellence For USA – Canada - Sprak Design is offering a $500 scholarship to student graphic designers. Students must send five variant logo designs, three PSDs of our website Sprakdesign for consideration.
- Semiahmoo Apiaries Scholarship - Semiahmoo Apiaries specializes in producing honey from local flowers and plants. The student who writes a successful essay on the health benefits of honey will be awarded a $1,500 scholarship.
- SeniorAdvice Caregiver and Volunteer Scholarships - Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to Clarion students who have volunteered for a senior non-profit or who have acted as caregiver to an adult relative.
- SeniorCare.com Scholarship - SeniorCare.com is accepting applications for the annual SeniorCare.com $1,500 Aging Matters Scholarship. All incoming freshman or existing undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing are eligible to apply.
- Serving the Heart Scholarship - The Community Foundation Serving the Heart of Western Pennsylvania (formerly the Armstrong County Community Foundation), offers a variety of scholarships for high school students, returning adults and current students.
- Shawn Carter Foundation - The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. The SCSF provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation.
- ShootQ Scholarship - ShootQ is now offering an annual $2,500 scholarship to students pursuing photography and creative arts in higher education. All qualified applicants are asked to write an 800-1000 word essay on the importance of higher education and how the scholarship will help enable your academic pursuit.
- Sleep Aider Community Scholarship - The Sleep Aider Community is offering a $1,500 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 750-word essay on what happens when you don't get enough sleep.
- Sleepedia Scholarship - One $1,000 scholarship is awarded to one student during the next school semester.
- Slickdeals Saves U! Scholarship - Slickdeals Saves U! is offering four scholarships with a value of up to $2,500 per student who successfully writes on the topic: A college education is worth the cost (either agree or disagree with the statement).
- Smart Furniture for Smart Home Creative Writing annual Scholarship - Cuddly Home Advisors is offering a $1,000 scholarship to student who successfully submit a short essay (a minimum of 500 words) describing a smart home feature you wish to have.
- Smart Monkey Fitness Scholarship - Two $500 scholarships are available to students currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited college or university in fall (of the current year) or spring (of the following year).
- Soil and Water Conservation Scholarships - The Keystone Chapter of the Soil and Water Conservation Society is offering two $500 scholarships to college undergraduate students in the fields of agriculture, environmental studies, soils, or natural resources, who are currently attending college in Pennsylvania. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of a combination of academic merit and program of study, quality of the student's essay and application, financial need, and educational and career goals that are consistent with the SWCS mission.
- SolutionInn Scholarship - This scholarships program is a monthly, merit-based contest that is interested in students at colleges, universities, undergraduates and non-conventional students for a chance of winning a monthly reward. An essay is one of the requirements.
- Speedy Paper Scholarship - Be the one out of six lucky scholarship winners by contributing your opinion on one of several potential topics. Several scholarships will be awarded with varying amounts.
- STEM Scholarship - RevPart is offering at $1,000 scholarship to the next generation of science, technology, engineering, and math students who demonstrate excellent promise in their area of study.
- Straight North STEM Scholarship - Straight North will award a student $1,000 to be used toward his or her degree and $250 book scholarships to the two runners-up.
- Strata Decision Technology Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship is for the student who writes a successful essay stating how financial planning, decision support, and continuous cost improvements can help healthcare systems improve the quality of the care that they provide.
- SUP Boards Review Athletic Scholarship - This paddle boarding community is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who successfully writes 1,200-1,800 words on a given topic.
- Sweans Technologies Scholarship - All students pursuing a full-time MBA/BBA/postgraduate study is eligible to apply for this scholarship in which students may win one of many scholarship awards or free entry for certification classes or digital courses.
- Taco Bell Foundation - Taco Bell awards $1 million dollars in scholarships annually.
- Tankless Water Heater Scholarship - Tankless Water Heater World is offering a $500 scholarship to the applicant who successfully writes 1,000-1,500 words on one of three approved topics dealing with tankless water heaters.
- Teacher.org - A $2,500 scholarship is available for students studying early childhood education.
- TeachYouToSew.com Self Developing Scholarship - The Self Developing scholarship is aimed at students passionate about DIY hobbies such as sewing, woodworking, etc. This $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to the student who successfully writes about their hobby. Applicants should explain why it is their passion, how it affects them, and how it develops them. If the student doesn't have such a hobby, they should write about a skill they're passionate to learn and the reasons behind that.
- TEC Award for Academic Writing - To enter, students must submit an essay on a topic chosen by the professional software analysts at TEC. Entrants will receive a chance to win one of three prizes and to have their paper published on the TEC website. The first prize is $500, second prize $300, and third prize $200.
- 10Radar Internet Marketing Scholarship - 10 Radar is offering students a $1,000 scholarship. The winner will be selected based on many important factors including, but not limited to, meeting the required conditions and submitting a compelling and creative essay on a relevant topic.
- TestCountry Scholarship - To win this $1,000 scholarship, write a essay using one of the available prompts. The goals of scholarship is to build a group of motivated college students who can contribute to creating a healthier, drug-free world.
- TheAccountingPath.org Scholarship - In order to receive this $1,000 scholarships, students must successfully write an essay based on topic: "The Role of an Accountant as a Consultant."
- TheCoolerZone.com Scholarship - TheCoolerZone.com is offering a $2,000 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 1,000-1,500-word essay on the sport of fishing.
- The Expert Institute's Annual Healthcare and Life Sciences Scholarship - This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student in the health care or life sciences field. Applicants must submit an essay of 1000 – 2000 words.
- The Future of Freelance Scholarship - A $1,000 scholarship is available to high school, college and university students.
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation - The Jackie Robinson Foundation provides a multi-faceted experience designed to not only address the financial needs of minority students who aspire to attend college but also to guide them through the process of higher education.
- The Last Dollar Scholarship - This award is a need based award provided by the Philadelphia Education Fund. It is a need-based “gap filling” award. It is awarded when a family’s expected family contribution (EFC) and financial package are less than the cost of attendance.
- The Philadelphia Foundation - This foundation provides more than 50 scholarships annually.
- The Sherpa Award - This bi-annual $1,000 scholarship is intended to recognize students who have overcome tremendous obstacles in their lives. Students must be attending (or planning to attend) an undergraduate or graduate-level program.
- Today's Entry Doors Scholarship - Today's Entry Doors is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 1,500–2,000-word essay answering the following question: How technology will change how we enter and exit our homes. Other criteria also applies to this scholarship.
- Toolsngadgets Digital Marketing Scholarship - To receive this $500 scholarship, applicants must write a 500-word essay on what invention of the new millennium they think has been the most revolutionary.
- Top Best Reviews Consumerism & Internet Scholarship - Top Best Reviews is offering a $1,000 financial scholarship to the student who writes a successful 1,000-word original essay on how the internet has impacted consumerism.
- Toptal - Toptal supports aspiring female computer scientists, developers, and software engineers to achieve their goals via financial support and mentorship by top professional technologists.
- Trusted Picks Business/Marketing Scholarship - This scholarship is for students studying marketing, business, IT and communications. Any student who is not studying in these areas, yet considers themselves to be an entrepreneur or creative writer may also apply. The $1,000 scholarship will go to the person who writes a successful essay on "How do product review websites help consumers to make better buying decisions?"
- Turn It On Electric Scholarship - Turn It On Electric will award two students a grant of $1,000 each to the students who can best describe the importance of the dangers of misusing electricity and how to promote safe electrical usage in 500 hundred words or less.
- Twenty Motion Internet Marketing Scholarship - Twenty Motion is offering a $1,000 scholarship to college and university students with passion for technology. Applicants must write a 800-1,000-word essay on the future of technology in 2018.
- Uncomfortable Scholarship - For a chance to win a $500 scholarship, tell your story about how you faced an uncomfortable situation and how you handled it.
- Udit Goenka Internet Marketing Scholarship - Udit Goenka is offering a scholarship worth $1,000 to students with a passion for entrepreneurship, business and success. The winner of the scholarship will be selected on the basis of their creativity in writing an essay.
- Uni Baggage International Scholarship - Uni Baggage wants to make one international student's life easier by offering a $1,000 scholarship. The scholarship will be made up of $500 cash and $500 in shipping credit to ship the student's belongings to and from college.
- VarsityTutors College Essay Contest - A $1,000 monthly scholarship is awarded to a student following submission of an essay successfully addressing the academic-related question of the month. Deadline for submission for each month, along with the question, is listed on the website.
- VelvetJobs Scholarship - VelvetJobs is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to one student at the end of each year as part of our "Employee Morale Scholarship." The aim is to get students to think about themselves in a future managerial position and how their decisions can affect employee morale.
- VitaminDDeficiencySymptomsGuide.com Scholarship - Applicants must write an essay.
- Vol & Tier Excellence in Entrepreneurship Scholarship - Toronto-based digital marketing company, Vol & Tier, provides one $4,000 annual scholarship to an undergraduate student enrolled in an academic institution (college or university) with both a high level of business acumen and a strong entrepreneurial mindset. Applicants cannot be in their final year of study and must be enrolled full-time.
- Wall Street Oasis Scholarship - Wall Street Oasis is offering a $1,000 scholarship to a high school senior or a current undergraduate student, who successfully writes a 800-1,200 word essay about the role that your community (example: family, town, school, church) plays in your education
- Walnut Solutions - Walnut Solutions will pay a $350 scholarship to an outstanding college student pursuing education computer science. Students must have a GPA of at least 3.5.
- Webisoft Web App Evolution Scholarship - Webisoft is offering a $500 scholarship to the student who successfully submits a video (three-four minutes) or short essay (400-600 words) that addresses how a web or mobile application could change the way business is done in your particular field of study.
- Well-BeingSecrets.com - A $5,000 scholarship is available for ambitious and motivated undergraduate and graduate students in any major enrolled in an accredited U.S. university or college.
- What Photography Gear annual Marketing Scholarship - The $1,000 What Photography Gear annual Marketing Scholarship is open to students who are currently enrolled in high school, university, college, or trade school from any country in the world, aimed to help assist with the rising educational expenses, and also help them on the road to their business career.
- Wicked Reviews Public Health Scholarship - Applicants must be a part-time or full-time student (first year or current), majoring
in public health, health sciences, dietetics, nutrition, nutrition education, psychology,
or physical education at a college or university based in the United States, Canada,
or the United Kingdom. To earn the $1,000 scholarship, participants must submit a
minimum two-page essay on the following topic:
"What are the biggest challenges facing public health in the coming years?"
- Women in Tech Scholarship - The Sleep Cupid (mattress company) Women in Tech Scholarship offers an annual scholarship aimed at helping to grow the number of women working in technology.
The scholarship is available to three female students studying any degree or course,
who wishes to work in any technology field and has a minimum 3.00 GPA (or equivalent).
Each recipient will receive a $1,500 scholarship.
- Women in Technology Scholarship- Study Soup is offering a $2,000 scholarship to women seeking a career in computer science and/or computer programming, a field in which they are highly underrepresented. The scholarship will be awarded to a female student who demonstrates a passion for computer science and is actively seeking opportunities for a meaningful career in the industry.
- Worthy Women's Professional Scholarship - Applicants may win one of three scholarships ($2,500, $1,500 and $1,000) based on their 300-500-word essay submission from a list of approved topics.
- WyzAnt College Scholarship - This scholarship awards first place - $10,000, second place - $3,000, and third place - $2,000.
- XBOSoft STEM Scholarship - This $1,000 STEM scholarship is open to any individual majoring in the STEM field at the undergraduate or graduate level at an accredited institution. Two runners-up will receive $250 in book scholarships. Students apply through an online application.
- Yourpetland.com annual Scholarship Award - Yourpetland.com is a pet-focused online publishing platform reaching more than 80,000 pet lovers per month. Yourpetland is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the person who writes a winning essay on the consequences of the exotic pets black market.
- Your Softball Scholarship - This scholarship is geared toward helping young softball players and those who are passionate about the game complete their education. The award value for the annual external scholarship is $1,000.
- Zombie Weapon Scholarship - You're trapped in the head master's office and zombies are all around, they can smell the scent of your blood! They are breaking down the barricades you have put up and they will only last an hour. Your quick witted brain takes a look around at all the office furniture for a make shift zombie killing weapon. Your mission is to design a zombie killing weapon. The winner will have the best weapon / concept as voted for by the public. The rewards include UK first prize is £500 and a Dell Laptop, while the U.S. first prize is $1,000 and a Zombie Annihilation Crate.
- Z-Wave Zone Home Automation Scholarship - The Z-Wave Zone Home Automation Scholarship is available to students interested in computers, technology, and home automation.
- ZipHearing Health Awareness Scholarship - A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to the student who successfully writes a 1,000-1,500-word essay answering a variety of questions hearing health.
- ZipRecruiter Scholarship - ZipRecruiter is offering a $3,000 scholarship to the college or university student with the most creative entry about their home or college town.
Many private scholarships are available for students who have learning and attention issues. Understood.org is a good place to look for information about financial aid and specific scholarships.
Here are a few of the scholarships available to kids with learning and attention issues:
- Anne Ford and Allegra Ford Thomas Scholarships - These scholarships, offered by a founding partner of the National Center for Learning Disabilities, range from $2,500 to $10,000. They’re for high school seniors with learning disabilities who are pursuing higher education or career training.
- BMO Capital Markets Lime Connect Equity Through Education Scholarship - Applicants for this $10,000 scholarship must be living with a disability, attending a four-year university or a graduate program, pursuing a degree in business/commerce, engineering, math, physics, statistics or a related discipline, and interested in a career in financial services.
- Disability Care Center Scholarships - This organization offers two $500 scholarships to qualifying college students. Students with a documented learning or attention issue are eligible for the Disabled Student Scholarship. Students majoring in special education are eligible for the Special Education Scholarship.
- Fred J. Epstein Youth Achievement Award - This $1,000 award from Smart Kids with Disabilities recognizes the strengths and accomplishments of young people with learning disabilities and ADHD. It will be given to a student age 19 or younger who has demonstrated initiative, talent and determination resulting in a notable accomplishment in any field—including art, music, science, math, athletics or community service.
- Google Lime Scholarship - Applicants for this $10,000 scholarship must be living with a disability and pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field.
- Injury Lawyer News Scholarship - To apply for this $1,000 pre-law and law school scholarship, students must have a documented disability, which can either be a physical disability or a learning disability.
- Joseph James Morelli Scholarship - This $1,000–$2,000 scholarship supports high school and college students with learning challenges who wish to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
- Karina Eide Memorial College Scholarships - The Dyslexic Advantage offers these $2,500 scholarships to students with dyslexia who are currently enrolled in college, university or vocational school. A total of 16 awards will be given.
- Microsoft DisAbility Scholarship - A $5,000 scholarship for high school seniors planning to attend a two-year or four-year university or college program. Applicants must be living with a disability, have financial need and plan to major in engineering, computer science, or a legal or business-related major.
- P. Buckley Moss Endowed Scholarship - An annual college tuition grant of up to $1,000 to one or more high school seniors with language-related learning issues. Applicants must be planning to pursue a career in visual arts.
- Rise Scholarship Foundation - Five $2,500 scholarships will be awarded to current high school seniors planning to attend college in the next year. Applicants must have a documented learning disability.
- Through the Looking Glass Scholarship - Available to students who have parents with disabilities and who may have a disability themselves. A total of 15 awards of $1,000 will be given to high school and college students.
- Transtutors Scholarship - Three $1,000 winners will be selected upon writing a successful essay on the topic of stress and mental health on campus and how colleges and universities can better handle it.
While many of the previous scholarships are only open to high school or current undergraduate students, there are other private scholarships that are only available for graduate students.
Minority Nursing Scholarship - GradSchools.com is offering a $2,000 scholarship to a student of color (African American, Asian, Hispanic, Native American, Pacific Islander) who successfully writes an essay of 250 words or less that answers the following question: What personal or professional goals do you hope to achieve through a Nursing program?
If you wish to have your scholarship posted on this page, please contact and forward all information to email@example.com.
Students can use Scholar Snapp to share their information (such as name, address, email address, grades in classes and essay answers) to apply for many different scholarships. The Scholar Snapp solution guides you through the application process and saves a lot of time in researching and applying to scholarships.
The Best Scholarship Search Platform determined the best scholarship search platforms by compiling a master list of 28 of the most popular sites. The Best Scholarship Search Platform then studied existing rankings, read hundreds of student reviews, and followed the recommendations of several state departments of education and college admissions offices to establish a set of criteria to ensure the sites' legitimacy and relevancy. From this research they ranked the four best platforms.
Scholarship search engines
- American Institute of CPAs
- American Psychological Association Scholarships, Grants and Awards
- College Board
- College Net
- College Scholarships
- Go College
- Guide to Paying for Nursing School
- Healthcare Administration Scholarships
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Scholarship America
- Scholarship Monkey
- School Soup
- Social Work Scholarships
- The Pittsburgh Foundation
- The University Network
- Tuition Funding Sources
- United Negro College Fund (UNCF) Scholarship Opportunities
- USA Scholarships
Other Grants and Awards
You can also look for additional scholarships through PHEAA.
- JobApplicationsOnline.com Scholarship - JobApplicationsOnline.com, of Canton, Ohio, is providing a bi-yearly scholarship of $1,000 toward college tuition costs for working students. To apply, students must simply write an essay on a chosen topic.
- John K. Zaid Essay Writing Scholarship - John K. Zaid & Associates, PLLC, is offering a $1,000 scholarship for the student who successfully writes an essay of 1,500 words on road traffic safety. The essay should represent your opinion, backed up with facts, on how to enhance the road traffic safety and prevent accidents.
- Junk Car Medics Scholarship - Junk Car Medics is offering a $1,000 annual scholarship to all prospective and current students. This scholarship is merit-based and requires an essay submission.
- Just Rent to Own Scholarship - Just Rent to Own Scholarship is offering a $1,000 scholarship to the student who successfully writes a 500-1,000-word essay on how to find an affordable accommodation.