Choosing a Major or Career
What should my major be? What career should I pursue?
Not sure where to begin? No problem! Explore the path to your future with free resources and career assessment tools. Whether you're an incoming, undergraduate or graduate student you can discover the majors and careers that fit you best.
- FOCUS 2: Find college majors and careers that match your interests, skills, values and personality.
- What Can I Do With This Major? Explore careers by major, learn about various job roles, find employers and much more.
- Academic Programs at Clarion: Get detailed insight into the 175+ undergraduate, graduate and online academic programs offered at Clarion
- Create your Action Plan! Schedule an appointment with your career coach to discuss your FOCUS 2 results and to help you implement
an action plan.
FOCUS is a self-paced, online career information system that can help you to identify your interests, choose or change your major, and verify your preferences or early choice of a career field. The system is customized with Clarion's majors and your assessment results are matched to career options and majors/programs at the university.
- Understand the career planning process.
- Learn about your interests, skills and values.
- Explore majors that match your interests and support your career goals.
- Explore career fields and occupations that appeal to you.
- Make informed decisions about your major and career.
- Develop an action plan.
Learn how to access and use Focus 2.
- You must have a Clarion University student email account to use Focus 2
- New User Registration Access Code: EAGLES
- You must have a Clarion University student email account to use Focus 2. If you do not, check out these free resources.
What Can I Do With THIS MAJOR?
FOCUS 2 allows you to explore potential career options for each of the programs of study at CU. Delve into Focus 2 to view typical career areas, types of employers that hire within various majors, and strategies to increase your marketability and visibility in today's competitive job market.
- Search majors by category.
- Research occupational outlook information.
- Find professional associations related to your major.
- Discover employment opportunities for more than 90 majors and career fields.
ACADEMICS AT cu
One of the best resources for deciding on a major and career path is this website. Clarion gives detailed information about all our undergraduate, graduate and online degree majors and certificates, as well as the minors that can complement the path of study you choose.
create your action plan!
Schedule an appointment with your career coach to discuss your FOCUS 2 results and to help you implement an action plan.
FREE Online Career Assessment Tools
Career Coach PA Career Coach is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training.
O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more! You can locate an occupation using a keyword, search for occupations by the knowledge, skills, or abilities required, or browse a list of occupations in a specific industry.
Data on Employment & Salary Trends: These websites provide occupation information, employment outlook, trends and salary information.