Prepare | Success Stories | Infographic| Participate| Sign-In
The CUmentor program is designed to link alumni, employers, and professional partners with current Clarion University students to facilitate mentor-mentee partnerships that foster the sharing of knowledge and experience.
Our goal is to:
- Increase student preparedness, confidence, and knowledge related to professional field(s) of interest.
- Provide students with opportunities for professional development, networking, and information/idea exchange with professionals in their academic area.
- Provide opportunities for alumni to connect with Clarion University and play a notable role in current students' future endeavors.
- Establish partnerships between alumni and students to facilitate career exploration and career coaching.
prepare to be mentored
Students will prepare for the CUmentor program through interactions with the Center
for Career and Professional Development, which are linked to multiple classes and/or
various CUprofessional platforms that will provide intermediate and advanced programming to enhance participants'
career development and job search skills.
Students will work to complete required sessions, resulting in a CUpro digital badge and mentee eligibility status.
Sign-up for CUprofessional and prepare to be mentored today!
Success stories & Expectations
Contemplating joining or not sure what to expect? View success stories and testimonials from participants in the program and take a look at our infographic, displaying what a typical partnership is like.
Choose How To Participate
The CUmentor program is open year round and participants have the opportunity to update their profile and preferences at any time.
Once students have obtained mentee eligibility by receiving a CUprofessional badge, they are invited to the Golden Eagle Gateway. Here, they will create a profile and
gain instant access to alumni/mentors to connect with for mentorship.
Partnerships can last one week, one month, or one year - it is up to you! It is highly recommended that the student and mentor create a timeline for their partnership during the first meeting (see the recommended resources section).
Successful completion of the CUmentor program results in the CUmentor digital badge.
HOW to SIGN UP
Prior to matching, students are required to meet with the program coordinator to discuss their roles and responsibilities as part of the program and begin brainstorming goals and topics for their first meeting with a mentor.
Students start here:
- Review the Mentee Handbook detailing expectations and resources
- Create a profile: Golden Eagle Gateway
- Follow these instructions to create your profile and meet with your career coach
Alumni start here:
- Review the Mentor Handbook detailing expectations and resources
- Create a profile: Golden Eagle Gateway
- Students will request mentorship independently
The following resources can be used to help prepare for meetings:
Mentee sample email template
Guidelines to prepare for your meeting
Mentee self-awareness inventory
Check out our infographics, which summarize a typical partnership.
CUmentor in the News
Career Center's Gamification Techniques Grab Worldwide Attention
Creating a Mentoring Program: Using Gamification to Increase Students' Career Readiness and Graduation Outcomes (NACE)
Infinite Opportunities: Clarion University - CUmentor (PASSHE)
CUmentor is making matches (Clarion University)
Clarion University helps business grads transition to workforce (Pittsburgh City Paper)
Clarion University's Mentor Program Shows Early Signs of Success (exploreClarion)
Unique, innovative program matches students with mentors (Clarion University)
5 Great Reasons You Should Volunteer as a Mentor (Insala)
The Impact of Mentoring (Gallup)
How to Become a Great Mentor (Forbes)
How to Be a Better Mentee (Chronicle)
10 Killer Questions to Make the Most of Your Mentoring Meeting (Forbes)
What Mentors Often Miss (Chronicle)
For more information or inquiries, please contact the Center for Career and Professional Development at (814) 393-2323, email us at email@example.com, or stop by 419 Becht Hall.