School Counselor scholarship
This year to show our thanks we are offering each school counselor a $1,000 renewable scholarship to grant to a high school student at your school. This "Counselor Leadership Scholarship" is to be used at your discretion.
Perhaps there is a student who has served above and beyond at your school; perhaps they are a stellar student who deserves recognition. You decide who receives the award. The only criteria that must be met are:
- The student will attend Clarion University as an entering freshman for Fall 2022, either at Clarion or Venango campus;
- And, you need to email Carrie Thompson, Director of Undergraduate Admissions at email@example.com by March 1, 2022, with the name of the student.
Please contact Carrie Thompson with any questions.
Thank you for helping us make student success our top priority!
The Clarion Admissions team knows that this is a trying time for secondary school counselors, and our hope is to help support you through this. Due to social distancing and work being performed remotely, we will be accepting electronic copies of high school transcripts, recommendation letters and essays for admission review. Additionally, we have also put together a resource page for COVID-19 Admissions Updates. With that said, please do not hesitate to reach out to your Clarion Admissions Counselor or contact our office with any specific questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate and value your hard work and dedication, and we hope this page provides some useful resources for helping students make one of the most exciting decisions of their young lives.
Finding the perfect match for your college-bound students is no easy task. Our goal
is to enroll students who will be a good match both academically and socially to Clarion
and you play a very important role in helping them explore their options. We look
forward to working with you, your staff, and your seniors to ensure the successes
of the next class of Clarion University students. Please contact us if you have any
questions, comments, or concerns.
We're here to help!
Clarion University Admissions Team
Our Freshman Class
Over 900 first-year students joined us this fall hailing from 18 states. Their most popular majors were Business, Nursing, Education & Sciences.
The average applicant was in the top 2/5's of their class (top 40% class rank) with a 3.2 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale (87% average). The average SAT score was between a 1000-1100 on the combined critical reading and math scores. The average ACT score was a 21.
Rolling Admissions Policy
We review applications, beginning in July, for the following Fall Semester.
Nursing applicants pursuing the BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) have a December 15th application deadline or sooner if the program fills.
Most applicants complete:
- Four units of English
- Four units of mathematics (typically algebra, geometry, trigonometry or pre-calculus)
- Three units of lab science (typically biology, chemistry and another inquiry-based lab or technical science)
- Two units of social sciences (typically world cultures, history, psychology or sociology)
- Two or more years of a language are strongly encouraged, but not required
SAT - 2649
ACT - 3698
FAFSA - 003318
school counselor requests
Find Out What's New!
- Request an application fee waiver
- Request materials to be sent to your school
- Request a counselor to visit your school
- Request an instant decision day for seniors - New!
- Request a bus trip to campus
Call for Requests 800 672 7171, ext. 1.
Join Our Mailing List
Email us your up to date contact information and we'll keep you in the loop with campus activities and everything Clarion.