Dr. Jesse A. Haight
DEGREES EARNED / CERTIFICATIONS / PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- D.Ed. (2011) Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- M.Ed. (2004) Gannon University
- BSED Secondary Social Studies (1999) Edinboro University
PRIMARY COURSES TAUGHT
- ED 337 Methods of Teaching and Evaluating Social Studies
- ECH 416 Learning and Teaching Social Studies: Grades 1-4
- EDML 325 Teaching Middle Level Social Studies
- Assessment coordinator
- Elementary social studies
- Collective efficacy
MOST RECENT PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Haight, J.A., and Boryenace, V. (in press). A visit from the truth fairy: Inspiring young girls' civic engagement with biographies of women, Social Studies and the Young Learner.
- Haight, J.A. (2018, December). 2018 Outstanding Secondary Teacher of the Year. Session Presentation at the National Council for the Social Studies National Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Haight, J.A. (2018, October). A Creative Curriculum for a Crowded World Session Presentation at the Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies State Conference. Harrisburg, PA.
- Stevenson, T.F. & Haight, J.A. (2018, May). CAEP Standard 2: Opening Doors to Collaboration in the Student Teacher Selection Process. Session Presentation at the National Student Teaching and Supervision Conference, West Chester, PA.
- Haight, J.A. (2016, December). Using College Councils to Take Informed Action in Social Studies. Session Presentation at the National Council for the Social Studies National Conference, Washington D.C.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2014 Student Athletic Advisory Committee Faculty of the Year
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- National Council for the Social Studies - Board of Directors
- Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies
- American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education
- Pennsylvania Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators