Givan Hall is a female gender residence hall. It is named for Lorena M. Givan, who served as a teacher of art and history at Clarion State Normal School. This residence hall houses 250 women. The three story building has a large main lobby which provides a comfortable area for socializing and studying. Throughout the changing seasons Givans backyard is a pleasant place to relax.
Givan residents enjoy a variety of activities and sponsor community service programs. Givan is also known for its strong hall council.
Facilities / Equipment
• Full service Kitchen
• Piano in main lobby
• TV and Study lounges on every floor
• Laundry Facilities
• Computer Lab with IBM, MAC, & Internet platforms
• Recreational Equipment
• Microwave Oven
• Window drapes
• Vending area
• Room Dimensions: 12' x 16'
Services / Programs
•Floor 1 of Givan Hall has extended visitation
• Floors 2,3 of Givan Hall have regular visitation
• Professional and paraprofessional staff members
• Card Key Security Building/Room Access
• In-room cable TV/Cat 5 Data connections
• In-room telephone service w/ALLTEL or calling card long distance service and free local calls
• Leadership opportunities within hall government
• Desk operations: games, equipment, vacuums, mail service