Rent the Student Recreation Center for your next event! A sports theme is a terrific idea for birthday parties, group activities, and other special occasions. A list of spaces in the SRC that are available for use by external groups is near the bottom of this page.
Procedures for external groups:
- University Policy: External groups wishing to use university facilities must contact the Director of Auxiliary Operations. This includes all activities that are considered non-university sponsored events, even if a faculty or staff member is affiliated with the requesting group.
To request space, contact the Office of Conference and Event Services at 814-393-2705 .
- You will be asked to complete a Facilities Usage Request Form which can delivered or faxed to the Office of Conference and Event Services at 814-393-2509. (please turn in form 14 working days prior to the event.)
- Once a completed request form is received, we will contact other appropriate departments on your behalf to confirm that the facilities and services requested are available and issue you a formal agreement.
- A certificate of insurance and any payment, as noted on the agreement, are required when returning the agreement.
Areas available for rent:
- Multi-purpose courts: There are three full-size basketball courts available for rent. You may rent one, two, or all three. The courts can be used for tennis, volleyball, soccer, hockey, basketball, relay races, dodgeball, whiffleball, kickball, football, tug of war, etc. Several bleachers are available for spectator seating; electronic scoreboards and a microphone are available, if needed.
- Climbing wall with 7 belay stations: The climbing wall rate is very reasonable. There is no charge for parents who accompany children participating in the activities. A parent/guardian must be present in the building and have direct supervision for groups where children ages 17 or under are involved.
- Party/Rec room: A meeting room is available for birthday parties where cake and ice cream may be served. Ping pong, air hockey, Wii games, fuze ball and mini basketball are also available for use.
- Aerobics/multipurpose dance room: This space has a wooden floor and CD/DVD player.