LECOM Osteopathic Medicine Affiliation Program
Students accepted into this affiliation program will complete undergraduate pre-medical study at Clarion University (Phase I) and graduate medical study at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) (Phase II). Students who are accepted into this LECOM affiliation and successfully complete the required pre-medical coursework and all requirements required of Phase one to include a successful interview at LECOM are guaranteed an seat to be admitted to LECOM. Students may choose to complete either three or four years of Phase I. Those students who complete 3 years of Pre-Medical coursework during Phase I will be awarded a B.S. degree from Clarion University after their first year of Phase II coursework. Students may choose to complete Phase II course work at LECOM's Erie, PA, Setton Hill, PA, or Bradenton, FL campuses. Upon completion of both phases of the program, students earn a D.O. degree from LECOM.
Five seats are reserved at LECOM each year for Clarion University accelerated affiliation students. Applications for affiliation seats are accepted from incoming high school students, Clarion freshmen and 1st semester Clarion sophomores, and are reviewed by the Pre-Professional Committee each fall. For more information, please contact Dr. Craig Scott.
Admission Criteria to Phase I:
- SAT or ACT scores minimum 1170 SAT or 26 ACT
- High School GPA 3.4 or better
- Essay describing personal traits and demonstrated desire to become an osteopathic physician
Early (dual) Acceptance Program
- Can enroll & be interviewed during senior year of high school
- Available to existing students (by middle of Sophomore year, depending on track)
- With a successful interview, will receive a provisional letter of acceptance to LECOM once a commitment to Clarion University is finalized.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must have a SAT score of at least 1170 (Math & Verbal), ACT score of 26 or higher and a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Priority is given to Location selection and Learning Pathway choice at LECOM
- No additional interview required - seat is reserved
- Maxium of 8 credits of AP, dual enrollment, or trasnfer credits is allowed
- 4+4 Track
- Must enroll before completion of first term of second year of undergraduate school
- Receive a degree from Clarion University and then enter LECOM
- 3+4 Track
- Must enroll before completion of first term of first year at Clarion University
- Must complete 90 credits at Clarion University
- Receive a degree from Clarion University using LECOM credits to fulfill the degree requirement
Phase II (LECOM Matriculation) Requirements
- Submit AACOMAS (American College of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service) Application
- MCAT Score > 25 (at least 7 in each area)
- Overall GPA > 3.4; Science GPA > 3.2
- Must make a personal visit to campus of choice
- Letter of recommendation from a D.O.
- Letter of recommendation from Pre-Health Advisors Committee
- Completion of all pre-requisite course work at Clarion University
For more information about LECOM go to www.lecom.edu