The Economics Department has two clubs pertinent to the major. The Political Economy Club and Omicron Delta Epsilon help students connect with other economics majors and practice course theory.
Political Economy Club
The goal of the club is to raise awareness of socio-economic issues on a school-wide, community and global level. The Political Economy Club explores the topics that shape our world. Membership is strongly encouraged for economics, political science and history majors, but anyone can join.
The club has attended or participated in such events as:
- Rock-for-New Orleans fundraiser
- Stop Abuse For Everyone donations
- Mid-West Economic Conference
- Habitat-for-Humanity, New Orleans, La.
Omicron Delta Epsilon
Omicron Delta Epsilon is an International Honor Society in Economics and its membership is by invitation. Omicron Delta Epsilon is one of the world’s largest academic honor societies. The goal of Omicron Delta Epsilon is recognition of scholastic as well as economic achievements of students.
Membership may be extended to:
- Juniors with 12 hours of economic coursework
- Students with an overall QPA of 3.0
- Students with a 3.0 in economic courses
The cost is $27 for international and lifetime dues and $6 for local dues per year.