Media Specialist/Librarian Jobs
Deadline: none given will post until August 30, 2014
Summer is upon us and some of your graduating students may still be searching for Media Specialist opportunities. Please consider sharing this information with graduates you know who are interested in school library positions.
Southern Teachers Agency currently has 3 media specialist/librarian vacancy listings from schools for the 2014-15 academic year. These jobs range from library assistants to library directors, who oversee multiple librarians, and can be in any school division: elementary, middle school, or high school.
STA is the oldest teacher-placement service in America. We receive job listings from hundreds of PK-12 private schools around the South throughout the calendar year. Schools come to STA because they recognize the value of STA’s help in recruiting & screening talented candidates.
Master’s degree in library science or closely related field is essential, but certification as a school librarian is not always required.
Click here toApply to be an STA Candidate.You’ll be asked to submit a resume and cover letter along with the STA application.
Please visit our website or contact:
Southern Teachers Agency
Tel (434) 295-9122
Merion Mercy Academy
Deadline: none given - will post until August 4, 2014
Coordinator of Media Services
Merion Mercy Academy is seeking a Coordinator of Media Services. Candidates should forward a letter of application, a current resume, and at least three professional references to Sister Barbara Buckley, Principal, Merion Mercy Academy, 511 Montgomery Ave., Merion, PA 19066.
Candidates for the Coordinator of Media Services must hold a Master’s in Library Science or a Master’s in Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. The candidate must exhibit a working knowledge of collection management as well as technology and research skills. The candidate must exhibit leadership and team skills necessary to proactively interact with media center staff, faculty, and students to promote and assist in research and curriculum development.
The candidate must exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to be flexible and creative in a changing environment. It is preferred that the candidate has experience working in a secondary library and/or school library certification. Qualified candidates should be familiar with AASL Standards for the 21st Century Learner as well as NAIS Guidelines of Professional Practice for Librarians.
The Coordinator of Media Services
1) Partners with members of the teaching faculty to integrate information literacy, technology, and research skills into the curriculum
2) Teaches units on research and citation skills to students based on the library’s integrated research curriculum; identifies gaps and revises the research curriculum as needed
3) Maintains the media center’s print and digital collections as well as electronic database subscriptions; manages the library’s catalog, website, and online tools
4) Assesses the effectiveness of the library media program on an ongoing, regular basis
5) Develops strategies to accomplish the goals of the school and media center
6) Reports directly to the Vice Principal of Academic Affairs
7) Works collaboratively with the Director of Instructional Technology
8) Serves as a member of the Academic Board
9) Supervises media center staff
10) Submits a yearly budget to the Business Manager
The salary for the Coordinator of Media Services will be commensurate with the person’s experience.
Revised May 19, 2014.