Charles l. Suhr Library
Suhr Library, located in Oil City, supports associate and bachelor's degree programs and general education courses that are taught at Venango campus and at other campuses through distance education.
Two full-time library technicians and student assistants are on staff to provide you assistance.
Suhr's print collections are supplemented by those of Carlson Library on Clarion campus. Both collections are cataloged in one on-line catalog. The libraries are able to share their resources through a courier service and through electronic document delivery services.
Print resources at Suhr Library have been greatly enhanced through subscriptions to e-books and indexing and full-text databases which are available through University Library databases and interlibrary loan.
Here's what you can find and access at Suhr Library:
- 12 desktop computers and 2 scanners
- 10 laptops available for overnight loan with ID card
- An iPad is available for one-week loan with ID card
- Printing - black and white prints for 5 cents/page, color prints for 50 cents/page. Students receive $5 credit each semester on their ID card or pay in cash.
- Free scanning
Need a place to study?
- comfortable couch and chairs for quiet, small group study or just hanging out
- large tables near electrical outlets for group work and large projects
- carrels with electricity for privacy
- computer with large screen monitor available for work on group projects
- two TVs available for viewing DVDs individually or in a group
Are you a health science major?
- Skeleton, brain, arm & leg models available to Anatomy and Physiology students to study outside of class
- one month loan on most books including children and young adult books
- reference and research assistance in finding information for papers, speeches, etc.
- interlibrary loan access to books and journal articles from libraries across the nation. Books requested will often show up within a few days; articles sometimes arrive within hours.
- local newspapers and the Sunday Erie Times-News
The mission of the Clarion University Libraries, comprised of the Carlson Library on the Clarion campus and Suhr Library on the Venango campus, is to:
- assist University undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, staff, and administration in conveniently locating and accessing the University's information resources and those of other sources;
- develop and provide timely and responsive services, programs, and tools that facilitate translation of information into knowledge and support research, scholarship, teaching, and learning;
- build, select, and preserve, in cooperation with University faculty, a collection of information resources commensurate with the current and anticipated discipline needs of the University's instructional programs and supportive of teaching and learning processes;
- contribute to progress of the University and the profession; and
- participate in addressing the information resource needs of local and rural communities in Pennsylvania.