New Student Programs
Welcome to the Golden Eagle Family! New Student Programs helps facilitate the transition of new students, and their families, to Clarion University. We strive to develop intentional programs that equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed at Clarion.
Our goal is to help students stay in college and develop permanent ties to Clarion University through programming and activities that:
- Cement students' and families' commitment to Clarion University.
- Forge positive and active relationships between students, and among students, faculty and staff.
- Ensure that students are informed self-advocates who accept personal responsibility for their education.
- Engage students in campus co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Our New Student Programs are guided by the following three principles which are valued as critical components of a successful college student experience:
- Students must accept an active role in their education.
- Students must develop relationships with each other, faculty, and staff.
- Students must be engaged in Clarion University.
Become a Summer Orientation Leader!
Do you have what it takes!? Apply here to become a Summer Orientation Leader. As a Summer Orientation Leader you would be hired through the Office of New Student Programs to provide welcome and information to new students, parents, spouses and family members attending New Student Orientations, Welcome Week, Parent and Family Services sponsored events, and through the CU PALs mentoring program. This position will be responsible for communicating knowledge of programs, services, university policies and general information at all New Student Programs sponsored events. This position serves as an ambassador representing the University and as a guide for students and their transition at Clarion University.
New Student Programs Coordinator
210 Becht Hall