admission criteria - WhAt We Look For
Clarion University accepts students by considering multiple areas:
- High school curriculum
- Grade-point average
- SAT and/or ACT test scores
- Letters of recommendation & essay (optional)
Most applicants complete:
- Four units of English
- Four units of mathematics (typically algebra, geometry, trigonometry or pre-calculus)
- Three units of lab science (typically biology, chemistry and another inquiry-based lab or technical science)
- Two units of social sciences (typically world cultures, history, psychology or sociology)
- Two or more years of a language are strongly encouraged, but not required
Graduation Requirement: All students must graduate from an approved secondary school or have obtained a (GED) General Education Development high school equivalency diploma issued by the Pennsylvania (or associated state) Department of Education. Home-schooled applicants must be a graduate of a Department of Education-approved home-school association program.
Clarion Honors Program - Fly Even Higher!
Our Honors Program provides a challenging academic track for advanced student learning. Approximately 50 students are accepted into the Honors Program each year. Competitive students have a minimum high school GPA of 3.64 or higher and a SAT score of 1220 (mathematics and critical reading) and/or an ACT score of 25.
Admissions "How To" Information