Zoom Video Conferencing
- Zoom is a web-based, high quality, video conferencing and collaboration tool that is available to current Clarion University faculty, staff, and students for instructional and administrative use.
- The initial launch of our Zoom project was focused on instructional use during Summer and Fall 2018 courses. Faculty teaching Summer 2018 courses were contacted directly for Zoom training and support. Other faculty and staff could opt-in as early adopters / testers of the Zoom service.
- Faculty and Staff have a Zoom Pro Account – users may host unlimited meetings with unlimited duration with up to 100 participants.
- Students can receive a Zoom Basic Account – users may host unlimited meetings of 40 minutes in duration with up to 100 participants; meetings with two participants have unlimited duration
WHY USE ZOOM?
Key features include video and audio capable online meetings, screen sharing, recording, breakout rooms, polling.
- Faculty virtual office hours
- Synchronous sessions for online learning
- Desktop recording
- Screen sharing
- Live Demonstrations
- Host online meetings with video and audio
- Tutoring sessions
- Group project meeting space
- Collaborate on documents
- Guest presenters for course
General Zoom training options are listed below. Training sessions will cover 'getting started' and basic/most common use of Zoom. Please register for a training session by emailing email@example.com and indicate:
- your name and department
- the date and time of the session
- your email and office extension
Face-to-face training will be conducted in 103 Still by LTC staff. A Zoom meeting link will be emailed for virtual (web-based) sessions. All session registrations will receive an email confirmation.
Zoom training sessions can also be scheduled for individual use case scenarios or for departments/groups. To request a 1:1 or department/group training session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Training sessions can cover general usage of Zoom, or can be focused on a specific use case for you or your group.
Alternatively, register for Zoom's live training.
All session below are face-to-face except where indicated as 'virtual':
Dec. 4 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
Dec. 5 | 11:00 - 12:00 PM (virtual)
Dec. 12 | 11:00 - 12:00 PM
Dec. 13 | 12:30 - 1:30 PM (virtual)
Dec. 18 | 11:00 - 12:00 PM
Dec. 19 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM (virtual)
Jan. 3 | 9:30 - 10:30 AM
Jan. 3 | 3:30 - 4:30 PM (virtual)
Jan. 8 | 9:30 - 10:30 AM
Jan. 9 | 9:00 - 10:00 (virtual)
Jan. 16 | 3:00 - 4:00 PM
Jan. 17 | 11:00 - 12:00 PM (virtual)