Wednesday, October 11, 2017
10:00 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Monroeville Convention Center (adjacent to Monroeville Mall)
135 Mall Boulevard
Monroeville, PA 15146
What is the Western PA Collegiate Job & Internship Fair?
The Western PA Collegiate Job & Internship Fair is sponsored by WestPACS. This is an organization comprised of 45 career centers at colleges and universities in Western Pennsylvania (including Clarion University) which sponsors two job/internship fairs, one held during the fall semester and one held during the spring semester.
Students and alumni are invited to the Western PA Collegiate Job and Internship fair to:
- meet informally with employers
- learn about internship and employment opportunities and the application procedures for both
- conduct interviews with employers who are holding interviews at the event
What employers recruit for internships and full-time employment at the Western PA Collegiate Job & Internship Fair?
Employers attending the WestPACS Job and Internship Fair (coming soon)
Who can attend?
The Western PA Collegiate Job & Internship Fair is for students and alumni interested in full-time employment, internship, or co-op opportunities.
Clarion University's Career Development Center is a member of WestPACS. If you're a student or alumnus of Clarion University, you are eligible to participate in the Western PA Collegiate Job and Internship Fair.
- Attend a How To Work A Job Fair Workshop
- Log into your Career Connections account to view dates, times and options
- Western PA Collegiate Job Fair Website
- Clarion Job Fair Preparation Tips
- Note: You must be dressed professionally or you may be denied entry to the job fair.
- Pre-register for the fair by the designated deadline on the WestPACS site - registration fee waived.
- Same-Day registration - $10 (cash only) which will be collected at the event. You must show your ID, and be professionally dressed.
To register for the fair, Clarion University students and alumni should:
- Go to www.westpacs.org and complete the online registration form.
- Read and accept the Terms of Agreement
- Verify your registration information and confirm
- You will receive two email confirmations. The first confirms that your online registration application was received. The second will be sent after your school has verified your status as a current student or alumnus. Please print the second e-mail and bring it with you to the job fair as proof of your pre-registration.
The Center for Career and Professional Development will be sponsoring two vans that will be taking students both to and from the Monroeville Convention Center. There is a $10 (Cash Only) deposit to ride the van. Your $10 will be refunded when you ride!
The vans will depart Clarion at 8:00am and 10:00am and are tentatively scheduled to return back to Clarion by 1:30pm and 3:30pm, respectively.
To sign up for a van, you will need to stop into 419 Becht Hall and pay your $10 cash only deposit by 4:00pm on October 4th.
Directions to Monroeville Convention Center
Use 209 Mall Boulevard, Monroeville, PA to locate directions to the Monroeville Convention Center or follow the directions below:
From Pittsburgh International Airport
Head north on Airport Blvd. toward Pittsburgh-- bear right to remain on Airport Blvd. Merge onto PA-60 S via the I-79/Pittsburgh/PA Turnpike ramp. Continue on US-22 E/US-30 E. Continue on I-279 N. Bear right at I-376 E (follow the signs for I-376/Monroeville). Take exit 10B for US-22 Bus. toward Monroeville. Merge onto US-22/William Penn Highway and follow William Penn. Turn right onto Cirbus Lane and take the first right onto Mall Blvd.
From the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76)
Take I-76/PA Turnpike to Exit 57 to merge onto I-376 W toward Pittsburgh/US-22. Take the US-22 Bus exit on the left toward Monroeville. Merge onto US-22/William Penn Highway and follow it for 1.5 miles and turn left onto Mall Blvd.