Home Internet Provider Information
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cut off service for lack of payment, and open hotspots.
- FCC List of Broadband Providers "Going Above and Beyond"
- Comcast COVID-19 response: Offers free WiFi for two months to low-income families, plus all Xfinity hotspots are free to the public during this time. ** Map of Free Xfinity Hotspots **
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Armstrong COVID-19 Response. ** Map of Free Armstrong Hotspots **
- Charter free internet offer for two months
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hotspots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low-income families. ** Map of ATT Public WiFi Hotspots **
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hotspots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hotspots for 60 days at no extra charge.
INTERNET SPEED TEST NOTES
You can use a speed test site to check your internet speed. Please use the Clarion Internet Speed Test. You can also try https://www.speedtest.net/ or https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ to measure your Internet speed. In addition, you can visit https://zoom.us/test to join a test Zoom meeting to test your Internet connection.
If you are encountering internet performance issues, you may need to limit the use of high bandwidth applications on your home network such as Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, Xbox, and PlayStation.