Course Delivery Methods
Course Delivery Methods for Spring 2021
- Face-to-face (F2F) – course meets on campus on the days, times, and room listed on your student schedule.
- Online 100% - course is entirely online.
- Multimodal – students choose to complete the course face-to-face or attend via zoom at the scheduled time of the course.
- Live remote – course meets online via zoom on the days/times indicated on your student schedule.
Additional details on delivery methods
This spring, courses will be offered using one of four delivery methods. When searching for courses, you will be able to tell the type of delivery by the section code of the course.
- Face-to-face (F2F) – faculty will be teaching the class on campus on the days, times, and room listed and students are required to attend face-to-face. The frequency of required face-to-face attendance will depend on room capacity issues related to COVID-19 physical distancing considerations. For example, faculty may divide the students into smaller groups that meet during alternating class periods.Course sections will be listed the same as previous semesters (ie. C01, C02, V01, P01).
- Online 100% - students complete the course entirely online. No meeting days and times are scheduled. Students complete coursework on their own schedule each week to meet assignment and testing deadlines specified by their professor. Course sections will begin with a ‘W’ in the section code. Online sections ending in W (ie. W01W are limited to students in online programs). This is also known as an asynchronous delivery class.
- Multimodal – combines face-to-face teaching and live remote. Faculty will be teaching the class on campus on the days, times and room listed and students can attend face-to-face. In addition, students who cannot be on campus can attend via zoom at the scheduled time of the course. Assignments and other information may be presented in D2L. Course sections will begin with an ‘M’. The course note will indicate if the course is available asynchronously (ie. In person, live remote or web).
- Live remote – Students meet with the professor online via zoom on the days/times indicated on the schedule. Assignments and other information may be in D2L. Course sections will be listed as C01, C02, V01 etc. Live remote courses will have a location of Live Remote and the course will include the days/times the course is offered. Students should log into zoom to participate in the course at the time noted on your student schedule. This is also known as a synchronous delivery class.
Please note: if you already have courses in your shopping cart, please review your shopping cart before your enrollment appointment time and adjust any courses as needed based on the changes to delivery method.