Registering for Classes


Advisement & Preparing for Registration

 Each semester all students (both graduate and undergraduate) should prepare for registration several weeks ahead of time using the following steps:

  • Read your registration scheduling email. This email is sent to your Eagle Mail account two weeks prior to registration and directs you to your MyClarion account for your enrollment appointment time, earned credit hours, advisor(s), and any registration holds.
  • Address any registration holds you have on your account. Contact each office that has a hold on your account and take the appropriate action to remove the hold at least 24 hours in advance of registering.
  • Review your academic progress. This can be done through your MyClarion Academic Advisement Report (degree audit).
  • Make an appointment to see your advisor during their regularly scheduled office hours. It is important for you to discuss your academic progress with your advisor. A discussion with your advisor prior to registration can help you clarify any degree or graduation requirements and help you avoid the Drop/Add/Swap process. Several departments activate an advisor hold flag which must be removed prior to registration. First year freshmen and new transfer students are required to meet with their advisor to review and discuss degree requirements. The advisor hold will be removed to permit registration after that meeting. Students should always bring the following to their advisement appointment: a proposed class schedule, alternate course selections, and any questions you have for your advisor.
  • Plan a tentative course schedule. Check course availability, general education flags and requirements, co-requisite and pre-requisite courses, and any additional restrictions for a course. Also, pay special attention to course notes. These notes list restrictions or special circumstances. Be sure to show your advisor your tentative schedule during your advising appointment. Graduate students should not enroll in an elective course without prior approval from their advisor. Continue to check course availability on the web until the time you register. This will help determine your need for alternate course selections. 

Registration ELIGIbILITY

Eligibility is based on the number of credits you have earned. The order of priority scheduling for credit hour groups, will be randomly assigned by the system starting with the highest credits earned. All students (graduate, undergraduate, and post-baccalaureate) enrolled during the current term, should prepare a schedule of classes for the upcoming semester.

If a currently registered class conflicts with your registration scheduling time, class attendance takes priority. You can register at any time the system is available after your scheduled time.

Graduate students in the department of Information and Library Science have an advisement hold placed on their account. The hold can only be removed if the student meets with his or her advisor at least 24 hours prior to their scheduled registration time.

Readmitted, and newly admitted Graduate and transfer students may also register during this registration period. Please contact your advisor, the department of your major, or your college dean's office for advising assistance.

Maintaining Appropriate Academic Progress

All students (undergraduate and graduate) are responsible for successful completion of pre-requisites and maintaining the academic standards of your college. If you have not completed course pre-requisites or your GPA does not meet your degree program standards, you will be dropped from the course(s) and will need to select an alternate course(s).

Protect your user name and password

The MyClarion system is a secure system protected by your user name and password. Protect the confidentiality by keeping this information confidential. Anyone who willfully misuses the system will be subject to appropriate action.

Web Registration Information

Register for classes using your MyClarion Student Center account.  Log into your MyClarion account at  (Note: Your MyClarion user name begins with s_ followed by your first name initial, middle name initial {if available}, and your last name up to a total of 12 characters.)

Documentation on how to enroll in classes is available on the My Clarion Student Documentation page.

All changes to your student schedule must be processed during the add/drop period. You can check the availability of classes using MyClarion Student Center.

Course Search (search classes by subject, day, time, title, location, etc.)

Course Section Information

Special Scheduling Activities that Cannot Be Completed on the Web

All students (undergraduate and graduate) will be expected to use their MyClarion accounts to prepare their class schedules. There are; however, some scheduling activities which cannot be processed using the web.

Auditing a Class – If you wish to audit any course that you scheduled, you must notify the Registrar's Office, in writing, prior to the end of the drop/add period. No credits, quality points or grades are assigned for audited courses.

Closed or Reserved Sections – If it is essential that you schedule for a course and the sections are reserved or closed, you must contact the department responsible for the course.

Co-ops/Internships – An approved learning contract must be submitted to the Registrar's Office by the end of the drop/add period.

Co-requisite Activities – The MyClarion system requires students to schedule all co-requisite activities (lecture, lab, clinical) concurrently. If you have a valid reason for scheduling one co-requisite without the other, the reason should be documented in writing, approved by your college dean, and forwarded to the Registrar's Office.

Credit Overload (more than 18) – Students will be able to schedule up to 18 credits. Any additional credits will require a cumulative GPA of 3.00 and your college dean's approval. Students are charged additional fees for every credit over 18.

Independent Study/Individualized Instruction – To request permission to take a course for independent study or individualized instruction, you must file a petition and obtain the required signatures of approval. Forms are available in department offices. Approved forms will be processed at the Registrar's Office.

Mixed Career Courses (undergraduates taking graduate courses) – Undergraduate students who wish to take graduate level courses for undergraduate credit must obtain a Request for Graduate Credit Registration for Senior Undergraduate Students form  with all the required signatures on the form.

Time Conflicts – You may not schedule two or more courses that meet at the same time or courses with meeting times that overlap. If there is a valid reason for doing so, it should be documented in writing, approved by the instructors involved, and processed at the Registrar's office.

Graduate Students – who wish to enroll in an undergraduate course should contact the Registrar's Office.

Canceling your Registration

If you do not plan to attend classes for which you registered, you must cancel your schedule by notifying the Registrar's Office, in writing, to avoid incurring any charges. Please refer to the university calendar and refund schedule for important dates concerning cancellation, drop/add, and withdrawals. A 100% refund will be granted only if a student's request is processed before or on the first day of classes. Students need to complete and submit a University Withdrawal Form to the Registrar's Office if they are not planning to attend a term or session.


If you experience any problems, or if you have any questions, please call one of the following numbers for assistance Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or email the Registrar's Office at

Registrar's Office +1 814 393 2229 (All registration questions or concerns)
Venango Campus +1 814 676 6591 (Students attending Venango)

Students with questions concerning courses or degree requirements should contact their advisor or the chairperson of their major.

Students with Physical Impairments: if you have a physical impairment that would prevent you from using Web registration, you should make arrangements to schedule classes through your college dean's office or the Center for Student Success.

Last Updated 3/4/20