Congratulations on your acceptance to Clarion University! We at Clarion University – Venango look forward to welcoming you to our academic community. In order to help ensure that you have accomplished all that is needed prior to your arrival, we have developed the following checklist to help make your transition as smooth as possible.
Paying Your Deposit
If you have not paid your $100 Admissions Deposit, please click here to pay. The deposit does come off the cost of the tuition. Paying your deposit will allow your student ID and password assigned to you to be activated.
To pay your deposit online via e-check, debit or credit card, log into your MyClarion admissions account. Your MyClarion admissions user name and password was provided in the confirmation email you received when submitting your application.
The $100 admissions deposit can be paid by mailing a check, money order or cash to: Clarion University Admissions Office 840 Wood Street Clarion, PA 16214
If you have questions please contact Venango Admissions at 814-393-1211 or email@example.com.
- Complete the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) (By May 1st if possible). Filing your FAFSA after May 1st may result in delays in the awarding of your aid. You should complete a FAFSA for every year you are enrolled in college. View a FAFSA tutorial video here.
- Complete the PA State Grant Application (PA residents only) by May 1st and send signature page to PHEAA.
- If you are selected for federal or state verification, complete and submit the requested financial aid form as soon as possible.
- Apply for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan. First-time applicants should sign in, and then complete BOTH the Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note. (If needed.)
- Apply for PLUS and private loans after July 15. (If needed.)
- Enroll in the tuition payment plan over the summer. (If needed.)
- We encourage all students to investigate scholarship opportunities.
- Apply for Clarion University scholarships, many of which are not need-based; deadlines apply. You can also be considered for any Clarion University scholarships that are need-based by filing your FAFSA by March 1.
- Check in your own community, with your high school guidance counselor, or utilize a scholarship search program, such as FastWeb. Check out our External Scholarships page for some more ideas.
Register for Orientation
To assist you in acclimating to the campus and the collegiate environment, we invite you to sign up for one of our New Student Orientation Sessions. During New Student Orientation, you will:
- Review your schedule of classes
- Learn about student life and services
- Tour the campus
- Receive your student photo ID
- Have your questions answered on topics such as financial aid and housing.
Reservations are required one week prior to orientation.
Summer 2021 Orientation Sessions:
Once your deposit is paid, you can register for an Orientation Session by logging into your MyClarion Portal. Once you are logged in select Student Center and scroll to the bottom where you will find the Orientation Session Selection link under the Admissions tab, then select the session number for the date you would like to attend. At present, Clarion University intends to offer a mix of virtual and face to face Orientation Sessions this summer. However, the University may move to solely virtual Orientation Sessions should conditions related to the pandemic warrant. The Summer 2021 session schedule is:
- Session 1 - 9 a.m. Friday, April 30 (Early Bird Orientation!)
- Session 3 - 2 p.m. Wednesday, July 7
- Session 4 - 9 a.m. Saturday, July 31
- Session 5 - 9 a.m. Friday, Aug. 13
Please contact Theresa Nestor at 814-393-1211.
In order to help ensure that a schedule is created for you to review during your orientation session, freshmen, and transfer students with less than 30 credits, need to take the ALEKS Math Assessment, which you will access the ALEKS Math Assessment in MyClarion. Directions for accessing and taking the ALEKS placements can be found by viewing the Venango Placement Instructions.
Students who have questions about, or are experiencing issues with, their MyClarion and/or D2L account(s) should contact the Help Desk at 814-393-2640 (Monday through Friday 8:30AM – 4:30PM) or visit them on the web at Computing Services.
Please contact the HelpDesk at 814-393-2640.
The Clarion University Foundation, Inc. student apartment complex at Clarion University - Venango offers:
- Two- and three-story buildings with two apartments on each floor
- Each apartment houses four students
- Students enjoy a private bedroom and a semi-private bathroom
- Students share common kitchen, laundry facilities, and living and dining areas
CrossRhoades Café is located on the upper level of the Rhoades Center and provides comfortable seating, a lounge area, and cyber café. Food choices include made-to-order sandwiches, soups, salads, hot entrees, beverages, fresh fruits and vegetables, and baked goods. The café also serves Caribou Coffee and coffee drinks. CrossRhoades Café accepts the Flex Plan, Eagle Dollars, cash, and credit cards.
- All Venango Campus students can now purchase FLEX dollars in $100 increments.