My Mediasite Overview
My Mediasite is a video streaming service for hosting and sharing videos. My Mediasite broadens faculty and student ability to upload, create and share videos to any D2L/Brightspace course.
D2L Integration | instructor | student | Training
The My Mediasite user portal can be accessed from any D2L course under the "Resources" tab.
- Mediasite Videos: This link creates a course video 'module' when you click the link from any Brightspace
course making it easy to embed and share videos from My Mediasite across courses.
- Faculty: use this link to create a central repository for Mediasite content related to each course.
- Students: use this link to view course video content as directed by your instructor.
- My Mediasite: This link is used to record, upload and publish videos, or edit and share existing
- All Students and Faculty may use My Mediasite to record and publish presentations, upload video assignments, edit existing presentations, and share their presentations.
- Users can also add Mediasite videos anywhere the html editor is available in D2L by clicking the 'Insert Stuff' icon in the editor toolbar.
- Faculty: Use this function to embed presentations directly in content files, discussions, assignments, announcements or quizzes.
- Students: Copy a "sharing link' to add links to your uploaded video presentations in assignment submissions or discussion boards.
Staff may also access My Mediasite to host and share videos. Access the portal at https://clarionmediasite.passhe.edu/mediasite/mymediasite/ and sign in with your Clarion credentials.
iNSTRUCTOR - Training Materials and Resources:
The following resources are specific to PennWest Clarion. Please select from the following PDF files below:
- Getting started with Mediasite - IMPORTANT! Read this document first to create your Mediasite account, especially if you plan to stream from Zoom.
- Copy a Zoom Cloud Recording to Mediasite (PDF) - After your Mediasite account and course channel are created (Step 1), follow theses steps to stream your Zoom cloud recording directly to a course**.
NOTE: ** You must create your account and add a Mediasite module for each course first!
MEDIASITE LIBRARY: Mediasite provides a comprehensive library of training materials for users. Choose from the categories below to explore topics that might be most relevant to you.
- Using Mediasite With Brightspace (In Clarion's D2L instance, the Mediasite links are located under the "Resources" tab within each course rather than the main navigation bar as shown in this video)
- Upload a Video Presentation
- Add an Existing Video to a Brightspace Course
- Sharing Mediasite Presentations
- Enhancing Your Presentations with Engagement (Quizzes, Captions, Comments, and Annotations)
- Edit a Mediasite Presentation
- Mediasite Mosaic
- What is Mediasite?
- Watch a Mediasite Video from within a Brightspace course (This video differs slightly from the Clarion Mediasite instance. If your instructor is using Mediasite, associated course videos will be found under the "Resources" menu in the D2L course navigation bar)
- Adding video comments - If your instructor has enabled commenting, you may be able to leave feedback on a video presentation.
- Taking a Mediasite Quiz
- Submitting a Video Assignment
- Upload a video to MyMediasite
- Mediasite Mosaic (desktop video capture tool)
The following dates are for faculty teaching Spring 2022 . Covers basic 'getting started' with My Mediasite, D2L and Zoom integrations. Check back for additional dates. The dates below will be in person in 102 Still Hall with a 'virtual' Zoom option (link below). If you prefer 1:1 training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability.
• Friday, January 14 | 1:00 PM
• Wednesday, January 19 | 2:00 PM
• Thursday, January 20 | 2:00 PM
• Wednesday, January 26 | 1:00 PM
Call x 1848 or Email LTCSupport for more information.