Face-2-face and virtual
The LTC offers a variety of workshops focused on both the pedagogical and technical information needed to assist faculty in developing rich, interactive learning experiences for students in both online or face-2-face classes. Each semester workshops are announced through the ALL-L listserv via the LTC Newsletter. LTC workshops are intended for faculty and staff only.
Basic workshops :
- D2L Introduction
- Getting Started with Clickers
- Setting Up your D2L Gradebook
- Smart Classroom training
Advanced workshops with a focus on pedagogy include:
- Developing content for D2L through text, images, and audio
- Using D2L discussion forums for effective teaching and learning
- Developing small group work in online and face2face courses
- Developing effective quizzes and quizzing strategies in D2L
- Discover Eight (or more) Uses for Blogs in a Course
- Flipping Your Classroom
- Quality Matters: Evaluating Your Only Course using the QM Rubric
In addition to the face-2-face workshops, the LTC also provides virtual offerings of most sessions making it easier to fit your busy schedule or location. These dates/times are also announced via the monthly LTC Newsletter via the "All-L" list serv.
Workshops do not fit your needs?
Call the LTC at x1848 to discuss the possibility of a virtual training appointment. Please indicate what your training needs are.