Nancy Shaw McKee Scholarship
The Nancy Shaw McKee scholarship is awarded each spring semester through the College of Arts and Sciences. This endowed account provides one annual scholarship to an undergraduate student majoring in any area of the College. This scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic performance and financial need.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
* Major in the College of Arts and Sciences only
* Junior standing (students can apply in their sophomore year in order to receive the award during their junior year)
* QPA of 3.0 or higher
* United States citizen
In order to be considered for this award, students must:
* Request a short (<1 page) reference letter from a University faculty or staff member who can briefly address your academic or extracurricular achievements. Letters are requested and submitted electronically through the online application.
* Submit a goals statement and a 1-2 page resume of their work by April 16 through the online scholarship platform.
* The scholarship selection committee will interview the top candidates.
FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION IN THE DEAN'S OFFICE, 215 Marwick-Boyd OR MKUBE@CLARION.EDU
The maximum award for this scholarship is up to $22,030.
The Derrick Scholarship is sponsored by the Derrick News publication. It is awarded in the spring term of each academic year. In order to be eligible:
- Students must be permanent residents of Forest, Venango or Clarion counties. Preference
is given to students who are communication majors and who served as carriers for the
Derrick or Clarion News.
- In addition to the application (see link below), students are required to write a short essay on their interest in journalism, and how their college experience contributes to this interest.
The deadline is April 16.
STUDENTS MUST APPLY THROUGH THE ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP PLATFORM
The scholarship is for $680.
Linnan-Brown Recognition Scholarship
Criteria for the Linnan-Brown Recognition based upon the endowment agreement:
- Recipient must be a full-time student and have earned a minimum of 32 credits toward the completion of a baccalaureate degree.
- A grade point average of 3.0 in the previous semester is required and must be maintained.
- The student must be working toward completing the requirements of a specific degree program.
- The student must be a PA resident.
- The student must demonstrate significant financial need as demonstrated by FAFSA.
STUDENTS MUST APPLY THROUGH THE ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP PLATFORM.
The deadline is April 16.
The scholarship is for $1,330.