Dedicated to your success
Clarion University has made a commitment to students from the Pittsburgh Public Schools to help them achieve their dream of a college education. As a preferred college partner, we are committing $2,000 per year for Pittsburgh Promise Students attending Clarion and living in on-campus housing.
The Promise Award CAN be combined with other Clarion University scholarships, grants, and awards including the Clarion Golden Eagle Scholar’s Award and the Board of Governors Award so long as the Cost of Attendance is not exceeded. The Promise Award is not need-based and does not take a family’s income into consideration.
The Promise Award is available to students that meet the following:
- Have continuously lived in the City of Pittsburgh for all four years of high school.
- Have attend a Pittsburgh Public School without interruption, from the start of ninth grade through graduation.
- Have graduated with a cumulative, unweighted GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Have maintained an attendance record of 90 percent or greater for their four years at a Pittsburgh Public School.
You must file a FAFSA and Pennsylvania State Grant Form by May 1 of your senior year in order to receive the Promise Award.
The scholarship is only available to attend a regionally accredited college or university in Pennsylvania, of which Clarion University is one.
Take the Next Steps:
- Visit us
- Apply today
- Connect with Clarion. Find out when we will be in your area.
- Get on our radar. Reach out to Jarrett Boxley, Clarion’s Assistant Director of Admissions. Jarrett is also our contact for the Pittsburgh Promise Program and our liaison with the Pittsburgh Public School District.